Are you ready for Black Friday? Well, I guess it’s a little late if you’re not!
And that’s the point of this post. Why do you have to “get ready?”
I have seen a bunch of articles over the last couple of weeks, as I do every year around this time, that outline tips to help retailers prepare for Black Friday, to help them offer the best service possible to their customers.
But why “get ready?” Why all the fuss for this one particular day? Why listen to all these tips to help you get through today? Why not just do it? Do you think the folks at Zappos are reading those articles about Black Friday customer service tips?
Recommended for YouWebcast: 4 Steps to Creating a Marketing Content Plan
If your organization is customer-focused, and you are working to improve the customer experience every day, today is no different. Consistency in the experience is key, regardless of the time of day or the time of year.
If, over the last year(s), you’ve consistently…
- Stuck to your brand promise
- Hired the right people for your organization
- Allowed employees to do the right thing
- Built a people-centric culture
- Learned about your customers
- Listened to your customers
- Measured what matters
- and all the other principles of building a great customer experience
…then you know what to do. Every day. And Black Friday is no exception.
Excellence is a habit. -Aristotle