From establishing an ideal corporate identity, to building a brand and strategically communicating to customers – marketing and advertising play a huge role in the success of your business’ communications plan that benefits the people, products, and services your company represents.
Media channels that carry messages (in the form of advertisements, editorials, and feature stories) are always available to use. These are communication channels often referred to as traditional media and have been tested for their wide audience reach in addition to being accepted as effective in establishing results.
Alternative options that focus on reaching customers and a target audience are made possible through new and emerging technologies that revolve around the use of digital media communications. With the plethora of choices on how and where to disseminate information, messages, or announcements; how do you make a decision on which types of media benefits your communication resources?
Construct a Strategic Communication Plan
First, a strong communication plan needs to be in place. Objectives, goals, and expected results should be conveyed in this overall plan. Furthermore, it should include a bevy of points such as internal communications, brand building activities, sales drives, community relations, and events and promotions.
Related Resources from B2C
» Free Webcast: Build Better Products by Identifying and Validating Your Riskiest Assumptions
Often, a communication plan needs to be geared toward building a brand and establishing your brand’s presence. On the other hand, strategies should focus on implementing specific activities that are aimed at boosting sales.
The significance of having a strategic communications plan is that it serves as a blueprint for everyone involved within the communication process, recognizing the organization as a whole. It also needs to instill that objectives and processes of each component within the organization are met.
A communications plan should offer a clear presentation of the campaign, whether it is a new concept that requires introduction, a goal that needs to be reached, or an activity requiring implementation. It is also designed to cover either a specific campaign within an allocated time frame, or it can be used as a general format for an indefinite period. This is not a formula. However, it is more of a method that aids in mapping out specific milestones in addition to creating standard measures for success.
Planning an Event
Business events vary. They can be product launches, a sponsorship event, a company party, a trade show, training, or a convention. Objectives for each type event of course alternates as well. Although the implementation should depend on your objectives, the target audience, and the set of goals that need to be achieved. The one common denominator is that business events are considered sales activities. Events are definitively sales driven, and the product is also an event.
Understanding that a business event is a sales-driven activity can help you measure the results more efficiently. Designing a special business event that is quantifiable enables you to determine the post-event evaluation based on your benchmark results. Overall, these events must be designed to increase your sales conversions.
Social media platforms are not a new concept. From getting in touch with family and friends, to connecting with people, documenting your life events, or simply expressing thoughts and feelings at a certain moment; social media platforms are versatile and highly accessible. Social media networks are an ideal data mine for companies or organizations aiming to accumulate an audience to develop as regular participants of an event or a message. It is also a way to persuasively and quickly communicate in an extremely convenient way for you and your participants.
You can use social media moments to harness the power of communication through a string of events within interactive communication that occurs in real time. It empowers your network members with new information, and enables them to cascade that data to other users.
Tips on Promoting a Business Event Online
Social media allows people to get involved. Information can be sent out, and responses can be received immediately. Those are just a few of the advantages of using social media networks as a viable strategy for promoting a business event. Here are a few other ways on how to use social media and its various features to promote your business event:
- Create the event – after planning an event, information can be made available by creating a page or creating an event calendar on Facebook, creating a blog site specifically designed for the event, or buying advertisement spots within various social media networks.
- Audience Selection – picking the audience for an event is a crucial part of the planning phase. Audience selection on social media may be a bit different though as the information can be made available to almost anyone online regardless of their location. Social media platforms are designed with built-in features that are customizable allowing you to specify options such as audience selectors, scheduled posting, and filters.
- Content – what appears in your searches or news feeds are topics that needs to be relevant to each user. When announcing or promoting events online, come up with fresh content that stays interesting to your audience.
- Invite participants – the concept of RSVP-ing online is drastically different from real-world scenarios. Instead of depending on the headcount of guests that have RSVP-ed online, encourage participation by posting comments or sharing the information with other network members.
- Combine traditional media advertising with social media – if social media advertising is thoughtfully infused with traditional advertising (when promoting a business event); it is critical that the messages and the timing coincide. The production of your materials for traditional media, for instance, may require more time relative to the production of materials used for digital media.
- Feedback – Allowing your audience find out about the outcome of your event helps you to stay in communication with your preferred viewers. It also encourages future participants to have a role in upcoming events.
The benefits of holding a business event can result in advantages such as publicity, site traffic and sales conversions. It also gives your company a way to diversify your sales tactics. Promotion is the key to having a successful business event. Will your company be hosting an event or several events this year?