Social media is pretty fun, your friends are there and it’s like hanging out online. For businesses however, social media is a hard nut to crack when it comes to turning that hanging out into new leads. It’s great to socialize and all, but there is a bottom line to keep up with. Here are seven quick ways to use social media as a lead generation machine that won’t take you all day to set up.
- Be a social Curator. CoSchedule did something pretty genius when they offered to send people a weekly roundup of content marketing top hits in exchange for an email address. There are so many millions of tweets and facebook shares every day that it’s impossible to keep up with all the good stuff. That’s why the idea of curating the best articles is an amazing idea. All you have to do is spend a little more time monitoring tweets from your industry and put together a top ten list every week, then set up a landing page using unbounce to capture interested people and you are off to the races!
- Run a Quiz: Quizzes can be used for lead generation and they are very effective. Skilledup added a quiz to one of their online courses and got over 1000 news signups in a couple of months. It’s pretty using to set up a quiz and you can embed one right into a tab on your facebook page.
- A social hub: Hubs aggregate all of your social shares into one place that updates automatically. This save you a lot of time and helps to extend the lifecycle of your social shares. With Uberflip, you can place strategic lead capture tiles right into your hub to collect leads from your social activity.
- Twitter cards: If you love twitter and interact with a lot of potential customers there, use lead generation cards to convert those people into leads. You can collect email addresses right inside twitter so no external lead capture landing page is needed. This is one of the fastest ways to start collecting leads.
- Social Contest: Wishpond makes it amazingly easy to create and run a social contest in your wordpress site and on facebook. You can get people to opt-in using facebook or an email address to collect leads, and then the plugin will handle the winner and prizes for you. Contests ignite the lottery winner inside all of us and are great for getting opt-ins.
- Twitter Chats: A new site called Twubs takes care of finding appropriate twitter chats based on hashtags, and from there all you have to do is be friendly to find new prospects. Twitter chats will aggregate people who have questions about what you are good at and with the instant connection Twitter offers you can show your knowledge and offer help through your site at the same time.
- Linkedin Groups: There are very active groups going on right now inside of Linkedin where questions are being asked that your business is the answer to. Jeff Haden put together an amazing guide for finding the right group to join.
Social continues to grow by the day and it represents a huge opportunity for lead generation. All it takes is a few little tricks to maximize the ROI from your social activity and drive a fresh stream of leads into your business.