Are you attracting qualified leads with your social media marketing? With hectic schedules and a vast array of duties and responsibilities, many business owners and heads of companies fail to update their social media marketing strategies. They simply keep doing what they have done in the past, such as tweeting their blog posts and posting premium content offers on Facebook. When tackled strategically, social media can act as a powerful marketing channel, even for small businesses and B2B companies. One way to reenergize and amplify your social media marketing is to create a short, highly shareable social video to boost social lead conversions.
3 Ways to Boost Social Media Marketing with Video
1. Create an Engaging Social Video
The first step to converting social media followers and fans into clients is getting them off your social media platforms and onto your email list. You must entice your social media fans—from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.—to visit a targeted landing page. There, you can feature a short social video highlighting the value your business provides. Prospects love videos, because are they are entertaining, engaging, easy to digest and highly shareable. To get the most out of your lead generation video, keep it short—2 minutes or less. Follow these guidelines:
- Be genuine. Start with an introduction that lets your true personality and brand identity shine. Keep things brief, but do not fail to establish a rapport with your audience. Try drawing viewers in with a fun question or a bold statement.
- Get their attention with premium offers. Offering high-quality premium content is a great way to get your audience interested. Be relatable through storytelling—sharing something personal or a client success story.
- Support your pitch. What are five reasons that your social followers simply cannot miss out on your premium offer? Clearly illustrate the value you are bringing to the table.
- Finish with a great CTA. The call to action is a critical step in converting social fans and followers into real-life clients.
2. Coordinate Cross-Channel Social Promotion
Strategic cross-channel social promotion entails a planned marketing effort across several different social media channels, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. To get the best results, you should be consistent with your tone and message, while also taking care to present your video in the best light on each social platform. For example, LinkedIn updates should not look like tweets full of hashtags. Use a theme to unite all of your social content. Share blog posts and images that tie into the concept of your video—further enticing your social media fans to view it and ultimately convert to clients. Make your prospects an offer they simply cannot refuse, such as an informative whitepaper, an engaging webinar or a free trial, which provides solutions to some of their biggest dilemmas.
3. Amplify the Social Content Curation of Your Video
After you create a great social video, you need to maximize its shareability and drive traffic to your targeted landing page. Here are some platform specific guidelines:
- YouTube: Upload your video to YouTube, create a relevant and catchy title, and add a URL and a clear, engaging CTA to the description box. Consider adding a video overlay that links to your landing page for greater ROI. Video overlays function much like clickable banner ads.
- Facebook: Share your video in a status update with a clear call to action. Amplify Facebook traffic with Promoted Posts and Page Post Ads.
- Twitter: Since the unveiling of Vine, Twitter has become more strongly associated with video. Tweet your YouTube link along with a link to your targeted landing page. YouTube videos display directly on Twitter.
With a great video and strategic cross-channel social promotion, you will see more social fans convert to qualified leads and ultimately to clients. Video marketing is gaining serious influence in social media. If you are still on the fence about video marketing, this infographic from Brainshark may change your tune.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Turning Your Website Into a Lead Generation Machine