The Sizzle: Tax breaks for video games. The Fri-Up: SMW round-up The Sauce: Mobiles vs Humans.
- Google’s iPhone tracking
- Cisco to challenge Microsoft’s Skype takeover
- Asia’s first dedicated social media research centre launched in Hong Kong
- MP backs tax breaks for video games
- Iran’s censors wage web war against Ahmadinejad as elections loom
Social Media Week across the world
Recommended for YouWebcast: Strategies, Tactics & Tools for Content Marketing in 2015
This week, we have tracked over 65k tweets surrounding Social Media Week across the world, from Hamburg to Hong Kong. We’ve experienced it for ourselves in London, New York and Sao Paolo.
In honour of this week-long jamboree, we released a data visualisation to chart the growing buzz surrounding events throughout the week.
Here is a snapshot of how things lie right now, with each city’s tallest building representing the percentage of buzz for that city.
Click on the image to see the live dataviz on the Brandwatch homepage.
We proudly acknowledge here that London is leading the charge with regards to Twitter buzz, with New York close behind. Toronto has also ranked up a significant amount of buzz this week for SMW.
Here is a blog we posted earlier in the week on how we created the queries for the various cities.
As today marks the end of SMW for another year, we thought we’d take a look back over the celebration of social with a quick round-up of event highlights for each city, based on peaks in Brandwatch’s data:
- SMW Hong Kong: Ogilvy Asia Pacific launch.
- SMW London: Freedom of Tweet
- SMW Miami: Tweet up Thursday
- SMW New York: One Million Downloads: Activating the power of open source culture.
- SMW Paris: Atelier autour de la ville numérique : vers un laboratoire de la ville astucieuse ? Workshop for a digital city: Looking towards science for a smart city?
- SMW San Fran: VC Start up Office hours
- SMW São Paulo: Debate o futuro da publicidade – Debate on the future of advertising
- SMW Toronto: Social Media & Fundraising
- SMW Tokyo: LinkedIn special session
We are pleased to announce that Brandwatch has launched a series of eBooks. The first book, Plugging In, presents nine best practices for launching your brand into social media. We hope you find it a valuable reference tool. This is the first in the series of 8, so stay tuned for more in the coming weeks. Click here to download Plugging In.
Something for the weekend:
Hope you enjoyed the Friday#, have a great weekend.
If you haven’t already joined us on twitter – we’d love to see you there: @brandwatch