What is reach?
Reach is the number of unique individuals who have seen content published by a brand on a social network. For example, if you post a status update on Facebook and 700 people saw this post, you have a reach of 700. This means that you were able to deliver the specific update to 700 potential customers.
What is the benefit of reach?
Increasing your reach on social networks is crucial in raising brand awareness and continuously fill the top of your sales funnel. Keep your audience interacting with your online presence by running contests on your social channels and grabbing user’s attention by sharing enjoyable and entertaining content that is tailored to their interests.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Relationship that Converts to Sales
Starbucks is a great example of a company that executes effective social media marketing strategies to build a strong online presence. More than half a million fans follow Starbucks on Facebook and the fan base grows daily thanks to its Facebook promotions that help increase traffic. Starbucks regularly runs photo and essay contests to entice its fans to get actively involved and share content. To enter its latest launched contest, Starbucks asked all Facebook fans to submit a new name for its Blond Roast in order to win a trip to meet for coffee anywhere in Canada. This is an efficacious way of generating audience participation as the fan engagement was overwhelming.
User-generated contests are a great tool to raise brand awareness that will help reach new customers and lead to a meaningful number of sales. A contest should always influence positive vibes toward the promoted brand in order to convert fans into buyers
What can businesses learn from this?
- Define a clear goal to pick the right type of contest for your business
- Set a reasonable time-frame
- Consider offering an incentive such as a coupon to get more participants
- Make e-mail address necessary for entry
- Use your own products as giveaways to promote and showcase them
- Keep your contest simple to make it easy for participants to enter
- Use Wishpond Facebook and Twitter Contest Apps (photo, vote, essay contest etc.)
- Promote your contest by utilizing all of your social channels
- Quickly distribute prize and incentives
- Send a follow-up email to all entrants
If you are looking to build engagement with a loyal fan base that contributes to the success of your business, you have to follow some simple rules to create valuable content.
Learn from Levi Strauss & Co. how to write a successful blog with quality content that attracts readers.
Levi Strauss & Co. shared some interesting facts and information in its latest blog post “Be a Part of 501® History!“ on the occasion of the 140th anniversary of its iconic 501® jeans.
The article mainly focuses on the good quality and popularity of Levi’s 501® jeans but also mentions how its fans contributed to the great success of the brand. To celebrate this birthday together with its customers, Levi Strauss and Co. invites its fans to send a photo of their Levi’s® 501® style interpretation. The 501 best pictures will be shared in a digital photo gallery and published in a limited edition “Book of 501.”
Levi Strauss & Co. has found a great way to promote its products and create awareness while getting followers involved in order to grow relationship with them.The company does a great job at consistently creating valuable and relevant content that keeps followers interested.
A well-written blog with compelling content can help increase the profile of your business and attract new customers which will lead to more sales.
What can businesses learn from this?
- Write a blog that fits your audience’s’ interests and needs
- Be consistent in publishing content
- Create relevant, informational and compelling content
- Provide unique or new insights to become an expert in your field
- Use images to add depth to your content and attract more readers
- Allow comments to gather feedback from your customers
- Reply to comments to continue a discussion
- Always proofread and edit your post before you share it