Social media is here to stay. Now the main source of communication between customers and brands, more and more people are turning to networks for trusted reviews and information. As we enter 2014, there are several things you can start today in order to create an effective marketing campaign that pumps up your brand as the same time.
1. Make more connections with LinkedIn. The business-oriented social network has seen a lot of growth over the last two years, and as a result changes have been made to enhance the service. Use LinkedIn to connect with other brands or individuals in your niché, create a company page that can be connected to other social networks, and post your blog posts and updates.
2. Get in on the conversation with Twitter. One of the best features of this social network is the quick information and feedback the moment that it happens. It is one of the easiest platforms to connect with other influencers and potential customers for your brand. Twitter will also provide feedback opportunities with your customers.
3. Be found on Google search through Google Plus. Want an easy way to show up in the highest ranking search engine on the planet? Your brand will get a boost as it posts articles and updates on Google Plus, which appear directly in search results. The key is to include the right hashtags for your topic(s) in order to garner the best ranking. Make sure the profile and Page for your brand is consistent with your other social media accounts.
4. Showcase your expertise with Klout. Whether you realize or not, Klout is measuring your brand’s social media activity on networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube, and Instagram. It is well worth creating a profile through your Facebook or Twitter accounts, and steadily growing a Klout Score, which ranges from 0-100. Klout Experts is a newer feature to take advantage of, which is a great way to answer questions that appear in Bing’s search results.
Recommended for YouWebcast: The Art of Growth Hacking: Gaining Early Traction by Doing Things that Don't Scale
5. Create a personal landing page through About.me. This is a growing social network that allows for beautiful cover images and photos with links to your brand’s other online accounts and a compelling description of what you are about. Use this service to find new leads, and connect with other leading experts in your field.
Remember every time your brand appears on social media and in Google’s search results your visibility and credibility increase. Make the coming year a time to create more posts and engagement and watch your connections soar!