There is a social media premise that it’s about getting the most followers or friends that you can obtain. However if you want to have a vital social media presence, then building relationships should be the focus of your efforts. Have you notice that many of the tweets or messages from people that promise you thousands of followers of friends in a short amount of time, come from people who are not into building relationships.
When it comes to how you use social media, keep in mind that relationship building includes 3 basic things: Connecting, Communicating, and Collaborating. Each of these can help you build a solid foundation for your social media efforts. Additional activities that you can complete to help your social media efforts are:
- Joining Social Media networks
- Connecting to other users via groups
- Developing business relationships online & offline
- Cultivating fans via your business pages on social media
To help you get a better idea of how social media can assist you with your efforts, below are a few tips from a Hubspot article entitled, 13 Mind-Bending Social Media Marketing Statistics:
- 20 percent of searches on Google each day have NEVER been searched for before. (Source)
- There are more than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, etc.) shared each week on Facebook. (Source)
- 43 percent of all online consumers are social media fans or followers (Source)
- 53 percent of people on Twitter recommend companies or their products in their tweets. (Source )
- The average American internet user watches 30 minutes of video online per day. (Source )
I’ve created a great way for you to grow you business visibility creating Social Media Mastermind Group that you can join immediately. While a member of the Mastermind group, you will be able to learn from me as I facilitate the group as well as your peers of about 8-10 people. Click here for more details.