Social media is a goldmine of information about potential customers. Unfortunately, just like in a real gold mine, there are literally tons of useless materials for each nugget that you find. This means that finding a path into the goldmine is only the first part of the battle. You need to have an efficient method for culling through all the data you receive, or better yet, a method for only looking at a small, relatively high converting, portion of the entire mine. In other words, find the vein and focus your efforts there.
Social media is full of opportunities to connect with millions of businesses all over the world. Of course, a relatively small number of these contacts will be responsible for purchasing. So, when you start searching through online profiles on social networks, it is in your best interest to filter out anyone who isn’t a purchasing manager, VP, CIO, or other major decision maker. This will cut your contact list by well over 60%. Your B2B sales team will spend 60% less time on calls that have zero chance of converting. Looking at it strictly as a number’s game, this means you will more than double your clientele with this one simple filter.
InsideView People Insights are a fantastic place to find potential clients. Following the above search suggestion, you can further specialize your search to only include businesses that are in your target group. If you are targeting large corporations (which comprise less than 15% of the entire business populous of the world) try targeting people who work for fortune 500 companies or ones who work with a company that employs more than 100 people. The vast majority, the other 85%, have 15 or fewer employees and considerably smaller budgets.
Actively engaging purchasers that have substantial budgets is a key to generating lucrative leads. These individuals are usually compensated quite well financially. In social media arenas, you may be able to find them by taking part in blogs that are focused on high end leisure activities like big game charter fishing, skiing in Aspen, golf or other industry-specific activities that you are aware of. Network with these individuals in their area of comfort and create a relationship that can then be used at a later date. Offer up some tasty tidbits and place yourself as a trusted source of information on whatever your product or industry is. This type of social networking will help you identify more leads while solidifying your place as an industry leader.