I hope that everyone was a simpler and most customer-centric social media experience on their UXmas list for Social Santa! How cool would it be if we all were able to find these 10 skill sets, tools or executional resources under our UXmas tweethis (yes, on-purpose typo) year!
- Simpler shrunken links … so we can let our followers and finders know what they are linking to!
- Tweets with no more than 2 hashtags … so our messaging is easier to read, while doing the job that we intended.
- Tweets and posts that linked to what they promised … so we can get our followers and finders to keep on clicking, since they trust the user experience!
- Make social sharing easy and relevant to the content instead the page … so our followers and finders can pass on our content with the easiest of ease!
- Turn twitter handles on your site, blogs and emails into links … so we can make it easier for people to connect and converse with us !
- Enable easy tweeting from your site, blog and content … so we can make it easy for our readers to share and help spread the word on their terms!
- Embed tweets into your website and blog .. to allow your readers to interact directly from within your blog or website!
- Social sign-in adoption by B2B companies ... so we don’t have to fill out 20 fields to ensure we are part of marketing pipeline, when all we want to do is sample the sample the solution instead of sign up for it!
- Get more businesses to promote social media channels with in-store signage like Yelp and Foursquare … to drive adoption and give others a reason to visit the reviewed business!
- Easier Twitter and Instagram photo sharing … so we can be quicker on the mobile photo draw!
Not sure if any of these UXmas asks for Social Santa apply to you? Please leave a comment on this post or contact me on this blog. I’d love to help answer your questions!
So Lo Mo, or Ho Ho Ho, for your non-Social Santa believers, have a great holiday everyone!