There are many factors to consider when you’re choosing the social media platform that is right for your brand or company profile. First off, you have to decide on the resources you’re willing to allocate every day, week, and month to maintaining the account. A state social media profile can sometimes do more harm than not having one at all. If you’re going to engage with prospects and customers, then first commit to keeping it up-to-date.
Below is a helpful infographic from Infographics.sg, a data visualization and design agency. This infographic outlines some of the major factors to consider when deciding where to showcase your content. It also dives into the demographics of each social media account and you can determine if that matches your customer profile.
Below is a Quick Summary of the Infographic:
- Facebook and Google+ have the widest range of media types including: photo, video, article, and text.
- StumbleUpon, Youtube, and Google+ are the most effective platforms for SEO goals.
- Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter are the most effective platforms for generating traffic goals.
- Slideshare, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram are all good platforms for brand exposure goals.
- Slideshare, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are great platforms for customer engagement goals.
- Facebook has the most users. It’s followed by YouTube, Twitter, and Google+.
- If you’re targeting users under 18, then Google+ and Pinterest will be effective.
- If you’re targeting users between 18 and 24, then you’ll find them on Google+ and Reddit.
- If you’re targeting users between 25 and 34, then you should look to Google+ and YouTube.
- If you’re targeting users between 34 and 44, then LinkedIn and Slideshare will be your best bet.
- If you’re targeting users between 45 and 54, then you probably want to look at Facebook, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
- If you’re targeting users between 55 and 64, then Facebook, Linkedin, and Pinterest are still the way to go.
- If you’re targeting users above 65, then Linkedin and Facebook will work.
- Facebook and Reddit has a majority of men on the network.
- Pinterest and Twitter skews more heavily towards women.
Choosing the Right Social Media Platform Infographic:
Courtesy of: Infographics.SG
Recommended for YouWebcast: Sales and Marketing Alignment: 7 Steps To Implement Effective Sales Enablement