Small and medium business owners are always on the lookout for great resources to help them grow, but they don’t always have time to research, read, and sort the wheat from the chaff. So I’ve done the preliminary work for you.
Here are 25 helpful small business resources covering everything from naming your new business to creating content for your marketing strategy, to increasing sales.
In no particular order, here a list of SMB resources you’re going to want to bookmark:
1. Entrepreneur Solutions Playbook – 25 Small-Business Challenges [PDF]: A great discussion on the Top 25 Small Business Challenges
2. The Simple Guide to Branding Your Small Business [Infographic]: Looking for great advice on branding? Check out this visual.
3. 5 Startup Naming Rules from SXSW: This article discusses how to position your business, including Do’s and Don’t’s.
4. Facebook – Small Business Page: Great up-to-date ideas and information for small businesses plus you can contribute your ideas.
5. Six Best Practices for Creating a Content Marketing Strategy: Whether you’re just getting started with content marketing or you’re at it for awhile, this article to shares best practices.
6. Small Business Mobility Meets Big Business Needs: Learn more about BYOD (Bring Your Own Device).
7. Reuters Small Business Resource Center: Looking for a well-rounded source for starting a business, employment law and more, check out this resource center.
8. CNN Small Business Community: Join the CNN Small Business Community for interesting posts from CNN Money.
9. Smart Bizz – Small Business and Startups Internet Technology Resources: Another good source for a broad range of subjects from e-commerce, productivity and more in this resource center.
10. NFIB – National Federation of Independent Business, the Voice of Small Business: From healthcare to sales and customer service to finance and accounting, get topical posts to help you advance your business.
11. Smallbusiness.com – a Free Wiki: Get local-based information based on your State. Check out this community portal to learn the latest happenings in small business.
13. CitiBank Small Business Resources: Learn more about risk and financial security.
14. AT&T Strategies and Insights: Access posts on how to attract customers, increase sales, build relationships and more on this handy site.
15. IT Business Edge – Small Business Computing: Get how-to guides, small business tips and more on this site.
16. Bank of America Small Business Community: Learn about small businesses of the month, ask the community questions and more.
17. Network Solutions – Small Business Center: Get a roundup of small business news all in one spot.
18. Cisco Small Business Resource Center: This center has articles, customer stories news and more all in one spot.
19. Small Business Guides: Get the latest guides on financing, training and events.
20. Go Small Biz: Looking for a go-to on tax/accounting, sales, HR, risk and tech in one spot? This could be your go-to.
21. All Business – Your Small Business Advantage: Get access to the top stories, All Business experts and more.
22. Information Week SMB Technology for Small and Midsized Business: Get access to weekly email updates, SMB stories right from SMBs and more.
23. Microsoft Business for Small and Midsized Business: Learn new ways to use Microsoft tools get tips and marketing research.
24. DuctTape Marketing Blog: Blog posts, free ebooks and information on courses abound this site.
25. AMEX Open Forum: Recently redesigned, exchange advice, get ideas and learn small business success.
This post previously appeared on heatherannemaclean.wordpress.com