Want to Learn SEO?
Discover How to Improve the Search Engine Rankings of your Websites even if you’re not a ‘Jedi’.
Search Engine Optimization is important if you want to have a good source of leads coming from Google, Yahoo and Bing.
If you have a website for your small business, landscaping company or home improvement company, you can definitely benefit from a well-planned internet marketing strategy.
And a big part of that strategy is getting found in the search engines for your chosen terms and keywords.
These 7 ‘Jedi’ Tricks might be a bit technical for most people, but they are invaluable to your online success.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Relationship that Converts to Sales
You can definitely start using some of the tricks I’ve mentioned but if you needed more professional help, all you need to do is ask.
1. Create Content that your target readers would love. (While focusing on Best SEO practices when writing content)
If you’re selling mulches or soil, talk about the benefits of using a specific type of soil or mulch.
Instead of writing about how many hours it took you to create the soil mix, tell them why this specific product would save them time and money.
But while writing content, you’ll also need to incorporate the “most” common terms and phrases that are found in the Top 10 results.
This will help the search engines rank your website faster than most websites.
You can use tools like the Ultimate keyword tool to find these synonyms and sprinkle them when writing your article.
You can also use Google Keyword tool and it will show you related terms and phrases that you can use.
2. Use Video on your Website, Embed PDF files and Images
Youtube is currently the 2nd largest search engine. And there has been numerous case studies on how video improve site engagement.
3. Build your Social Profiles
Google might be the 800lb Gorilla of traffic but it’s not the only source of traffic. And because of this, Google is starting to look at social signals for ranking websites.
Probably the most important social profile to start building right now would be your Google+ profile.
Connecting your Website and Google+ profile can increase the clicks to your site because a small profile image is shown in the search results.
It’s Google’s own social network. If you want to benefit from long-term, free search engine traffic, now’s the time to create your Personal Google+ profile.
If you are interested in registering your brand name/company name across all known social profiles you can visit knowem.com to check if your brand url is still available. (Highly recommended)
4. Spy on your Competitor’s SEO and PPC Strategy.
Do you want to know if a competitor is doing pretty well in SEO and PPC? Do you want to know what keywords they are ranking for? Do you want to know their most successful ads in PPC?
You can ‘easily’ spy on your competitor’s backlinks, keywords, ppc ads by using subscription tools like Keywordspy and Spyfu.
For checking backlinks and top 10 competitors, you can use Market Samurai.
5. Use Google Webmaster Tools.
If you’re not using Google webmaster tools, you should. It’s actually simple to implement and use.
All you need to do is have a working gmail (use the same gmail for analytics, adwords, etc), install Google analytics (asynchronous) tracking in your website, then verify your Google webmaster account by adding your site.
Here are some of the benefits of using it:
- Detect Malware issues on your site
- Set the Preferred URL (www or non www) for your website
- Discover all the links being created (useful for your link building plan)
- Find out which keywords are being found on your website’s content.
6. Promote your website.
After creating great content, you still need to promote it. The best way is to leverage your existing source of traffic.
- If you have an email list, send an email to everyone on your list that you have a new blog post.
- Usually, the best people to target when promoting your content are people who already know you or have expressed permission to receive information from you. Send them an email or tweet that you have new content that might be useful to their readers.
- Send a Press Release if your article is news worthy.
- Build a Viral Fanpage and offer incentives to share your content.
- Start driving traffic through PPC. Don’t forget to use Bing Adcenter as well. They might have lower traffic, but they have higher conversions.
- Identify the top referrals of traffic to your new blog post and simply thank them for sending traffic. This can become a great start of building stronger relationships with other leaders and webmasters in your niche.
7. Monitor your Website’s rankings.
You can’t improve what you can’t measure.
Fortunately, there are many ways to track if your rankings are improving or not. You can use the Rank tracker module of market samurai to track all the rankings for your websites.
Simply enter your domain and keywords then Market samurai will track the rankings in the ‘cloud’.
Getting top rankings in the search results can provide you with a generous amount of leads just like what ours client experienced in 2012.
Are you going to be our next Success story?
We’ll guide you step-by-step on how you can boost your business sales online. Simply click the button and download our “Essential Guide” to start learning how you can capture better sales leads online.
(Photo credit Jedi by PhillipWest)