Efficient conversion optimization is one of the most effective ways of marketing your business successfully on the web. Once you know what converts website viewers into paying customers, you’ll be one step ahead ahead of the competition. Conversion optimization allows you to answer the following questions:
- Is your website engaging?
- Does your website turn customers away?
- Do you know which website features need to be updated to increase your conversion rate?
A conversion can be defined as the specific action you want your web visitor to take to take when visiting your website. This action may be making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, downloading a white paper or registering for an event.
Here are three keys for conversion optimization success:
1. It’s imperative that you choose the right tools for conversion optimization. There are literally thousands on the market and they have very distinct methodologies for testing different aspects of your website. Tools can range in price from free to quite expensive.
2. Think like your customer. Is it easy for them to purchase your product? Sign up for your newsletter? Download your whitepaper? Have you set realistic goals when it comes to how quickly these actions can be performed?
3. Take a look at your current CRM data and target individuals accordingly. Perhaps you can set up different optimizations for different customer groups (customer tenure, likelihood to refer to your site, value, etc.)
Website conversion optimization is an integral part of your digital marketing strategy that most businesses ignore. A proper conversion strategy will result in higher revenue and a more optimized budget. Conversion optimization is an ongoing process that needs to be evaluated on a periodic basis. It’s easily testable, and you’ll also be able to track your return on investment (ROI).
Overall, conversion optimization success depends on a number of factors. Three of these factors include choosing the right tools, thinking like your customer and using the CRM data that you already have. Don’t skimp on your conversion optimization as it’s an investment is sure to pay off.