Pinterest isn’t only for cupcake decoration and interior design anymore. Nowadays, people are starving for information that they can process quickly, easily and where possible, visually. These people include your organization’s prospective influencers, decision makers, and champions.
Here are ten ideas for boards that B2B Marketers can leverage to not only engage customers and prospects, but have a profoundly positive impact on search engine optimization as well.
NOTE: These boards can and should have names that relate to your own brand, industry, offering, or services.
- Infographics - These can be related to your industry, offering, target audience.
- Diagrams - Get them from all of the presentations your Marcom team creates, and link to things like Slideshare or presentations on your website.
- Logos of your reseller, integration or other services partners should already be pin-able from your corporate website.
- Client logos - Chances are, you’ll be able to pin these directly from your website as well.
- Website images - Select those that are highly descriptive of the pages on which they are featured.
- Boards that reflect the interests of your target audiences – Without reference to your brand, use imagery from reference articles that your target audience or personas would find beneficial and relevant.
- Thumbnails of your datasheets, white papers and other collateral.
- From your blog – Use images from your blog posts to increase traffics
- Demo and video content is a no-brainer here.
- Tasteful humor/cartoons related to your industry, product, service, etc., can help give your brand some personality to which your prospects and prospective partners can relate.
Finally, in addition to having your corporate board, encourage the folks in your marketing team, sales team and other departments to follow the corporate board and if appropriate, pin on it as well, plus do plenty of re-pinning to their own boards.
As with any marketing channel, the investment in Pinterest should be tracked and analyzed as critically as any other–not just in terms of followers and repins, but with respect to website analytics as well.