As Pinterest continues to grow in popularity, we at PinLeague are seeing more and more brands using Pinterest to engage their fans and target customers.
- Panera Bread held a lead with the most Pinterest followers throughout Q4, but underdog Maggiano’s gained Pinterest followers rapidly to jump from a distant 4th place to a close 2nd, gaining over twice as many followers as Panera.
- The secret to Maggiano’s rise: Frequent promotion of their weekly “Pin It to Win It” contests. You can see when their campaigns ran based on the large 1-2 day follower gains. They might also consider other ways to grow Pinterest followers organically.
- You don’t need the most followers to generate the most engagement on Pinterest. With only 300 followers, Applebee’s earned more organic brand mentions than other fast casual restaurants on Pinterest.
- The secret to Applebee’s popularity: a visually appealing, pinnable menu on their website including buttons to pin menu items.
- All Hail! With an incredibly high engagement rate of 98% and over 10,000 repins, Panera Bread is the reigning king of engagement for restaurants on Pinterest.
- A 98% Engagement Rate?! This means that 98% of Panera’s pins have at least 1 repin, like or comment. Impressive on its own- ands especially striking in comparison to the other Pinterest restaurants we tracked.