Pinterest Consultant Reveals 11 Astounding New Pinterest Facts!
As a Pinterest consultant I make sure I keep tabs on all the latest statistics from this incredible business acceleration tool. If youâ€™re humming and hawing about whether your business should be on Pinterestâ€¦donâ€™t take my word for it, take a look at these statistics. Â And then get going because if your competitors get too big a lead on youâ€¦.
1. 62% of brands have the Pinterest â€śPin Itâ€ť buttons on their product pages of their websites and it is the most used button. That officially puts them in first place compared to 61% having the Tweet buttons and 59% of brands having the Facebook Like buttons. 42% of brands have the Google+ button all according to a study done by 8th Bridge, after analyzing 872 retailers.
2. Pinterest Case Study: â€śPin Itâ€ť button delivers tremendous results: eight of Pinterestâ€™s top 10 retail brands prominently displayed a â€śPin Itâ€ť button and brands like Ikea and Target generated nearly 1 million shares (aka pins and repins) from their website.
Recommended for YouWebcast: The Art of Growth Hacking: Gaining Early Traction by Doing Things that Don't Scale
Source: 8th Bridge
Do you think Pinterest is a fad or do you think Ikea and Target LOVE IT when their prospects and customers share nearly 1 million pictures of their products with their friends?
Pinterest Expert Actionable Marketing Tip: Install a â€śPin Itâ€ť button on your blog or website regardless of whether you are B2B or B2C.
3.Â AddShoppers recently released itâ€™s 2013 social commerce breakdown. Pinterest pins drive more revenue to ecommerceâ€™s stores than any other social share.
4. Dec. 30, 2013: 73% Of U.S. Adults Use Social Networks, Pinterest Passes Twitter In Popularity. Pewâ€™s data suggests the pinboard site is the fastest-growing network based on membership gains between 2013 and 2012.
5. Dec. 30, 2013: Pew Research Center recently released its Social Media Update 2013: 1/3 of Women in U.S. use Pinterest
6. Jan. 24, 2014: In Q4 2103, Facebook, Pinterest and StumbleUpon saw 30%+ gains in traffic referrals.
7.Â Jan. 27, 2014: Pinterest overtook Facebook in terms of revenue per visit (RPV) in the UK in 2013, and is expected to do the same in the US this year.
8.Â Feb. 11, 2014: Emails promoting Pinterest are seeing stronger response rates than those promoting Facebook or Twitter.
Pinterest Expert Actionable Marketing Tips:
1) In your first email campaign include the benefits of using Pinterest for your customers.
2) Include images of your most popular pins with a link back to your Pinterest page.
3) Include images of trending boards when featuring holidays and observances and include the benefits of why they should follow this board.
Here are 20 retailers integrating Pinterest into their email marketing
9. Feb. 12, 2104: a new study by researchers at the University of Minnesota and Georgia Tech reveals male Pinterest users pin more content about photography, art, design, and home decor.
Check out the Manly Pinterest Show where creator Jeff Sieh of His Design Inc. was inspired about how much blog traffic he was getting from Pinterest. He created the show to help men realize that it was a valuable tool and that it wasn’t just for girls planning a wedding or pinning their favorite recipes. The goal was to show other guys that it was ok to use and love Pinterest.
10 . Feb. 14, 2014: Pinterest raised the most money from venture capitalists last year, as the online scrapbooking site has quickly become retailersâ€™ favourite biz dev tool. Pinterest raised $425m from two funding rounds.
11. Feb. 14, 2014: In the week leading up to this yearâ€™s love day, online shoppers referred from Pinterest averaged $147.74 per order, overshadowing Facebook referrals at $125.24 per order.
3 key takeaway for your business:
Install the â€śPin Itâ€ť button on your blog or website
Include your top trending pins and board in your email marketing campaigns
If you want to attract more male pinners create boards such as photography, art, design, and home decor.