Pinterest business profile pages have arrived!
Read on to learn how to create your official business profile page on Pinterest, the perks of creating a business profile and to see some case studies from successful brands on Pinterest.
“Thousands of businesses have become part of our community, giving great ideas, content and inspiration to people on Pinterest. Whether it’s Anthropologie sharing awesome clothes, Whole Foods sharing tasty recipes, the Smithsonian sharing fascinating collections, or Amazon making products easy to pin, many of us have been inspired on Pinterest by businesses. We want to help more businesses provide great content on Pinterest and make it easy to pin from their websites. Today, we’re taking a first step toward that goal with some free tools and resources.”
Pinterest Business Terms of Service:
Recommended for YouWebcast: 4 Steps to Creating a Marketing Content Plan
How to Create a Pinterest Business Page:
“Whether you’re a publication, brand, designer, blogger, retailer, online merchant, non-profit organization, institution, or local business, we’d like to get to know you better so that we can provide the right tools and support to help you inspire people on Pinterest. If your organization is new to Pinterest, sign up on Pinterest for a business account. Existing accounts on Pinterest can be easily converted by following the steps on the business site.”
The Perks of a Pinterest Business Page vs Personal Profiles:
“Signing up on our business site allows you to specify your business name (instead of first name and last name) and go through an optimized new user flow to help you:
- Verify your website. The verification badge helps people identify high-quality sources of content and more easily find the business they want in search results.
- Add new buttons and widgets. Integrate the Pin It button, Follow button, Profile widget, or Board widget to get more engagement from pinners and traffic back your site.
- Access to upcoming features. Receive updates on future products and services that will provide more powerful ways of reaching and understanding your audience on Pinterest.”
See How Successful Brands on Pinterest are Leveraging the Community:
- Along with the announcement of the business pages announcement, Pinterest released five case studies about successful brands on Pinterest. Check them out:
- Organized Interiors
- Petplan Insurance
– Excerpts are from an original post by Cat Lee, Product Manager at Pinterest: http://blog.pinterest.com/post/35710687813/new-tools-for-businesses-in-the-pinterest-community.