Landing pages have two goals:
- Drive prospects to the page, and
- Get prospects to take action once there.
Anyone can create a landing page, but what constitutes a great landing page? A great landing page gets the job done. It results in engagement and action.
- Call to action – 207 votes (47%)
- Design layout – 105 votes (24%)
- Headline – 72 votes (16%)
- Pictures and images – 32 votes (7%)
- Offer – 24 votes (5%)
- Confidence building – 3 votes (.6%)
- Descriptive copy – 2 votes (.4%)
Creating a great landing page is a critical step in the conversion funnel for B2B marketers. By viewing the page as a speed bump in the conversion process rather than an information dump, you’ll find users will be inclined to move onto the next step and they’ll do so, because there is less friction. In addition, you’ll be able to attach ROI measurements to your various marketing campaigns. As you test and refine your campaigns, this insight into their net values will enable you to become more efficient and effective at driving down costs per acquired customer.
We all know there isn’t just one most important element for creating a great landing page. Here are other resources to help you optimize your landing pages for conversion:
- 9 Best Practices for Creating Landing Pages that Convert
- Optify Best Practices Webinar: Landing Pages
- Digital Marketing Agency’s Guide for Creating Effective Landing Pages
- Ten Tips for Creating an Effective Landing Page