In today’s market, it’s not enough just to create an online presence. You have to continually manage it and stay on top of what you’re presenting to your customers. Well-designed sales pages will continually generate interest in your products or services, convert leads into sales, and give you and edge over your competition.
Creating awesome sales pages doesn’t have to be time or labor intensive if you know a few tips.
Develop And Organize Your Keywords
There are many ways to do keyword research, and it’s important to find the search terms that will resonate with your customers. Using a spreadsheet will help you organize and categorize your keywords by service, product, or subject. It can be helpful to have separate tabs set up for each keyword category.
Next, separate the keywords into two categories: sales content and informational content. It can be helpful to put all your sales keywords in one colored area and your informational keywords below them in another color. Don’t worry if you find you have the same words in both lists, as most customers search on both informational and sales keywords.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Build a Powerful Network and Accelerate your Growth
Once you see how potential customers are searching the web, you need to know whether you currently have the appropriate sales pages for searchers to land on. If not, it’s time to start building them!
Building Your Pages
It’s important to have the right information on your sales pages to attract and hold customers. Remember the following three guidelines as you set up your sites.
1. Check Out The Competition – In other words, see what keywords your competitors are using on their pages and be sure that you are using them as well. This is especially important if you are part of a smaller niche business, because it can be harder for browsers to find your pages. Businesses in large cities must have great keywords to rank high in search results, so be sure check out the pages of your competitors to see what’s working for them.
For example, searching on “Chiropractors in Chicago” might show you several pages of competitors’ services and related keywords. If you offer these same services, be sure your pages and your keywords advertise it.
2. Know What Currently Works Best In Your Industry – Again, check out the competition for this information. Type Site: followed by your competitor’s URL in Google’s search box. Since Google lists high-ranking pages first, you’ll be able to find the best pages built by your competition and use them as a model for your pages.
It’s important to know how you stand versus your competition and what you can do to stay with them (or ahead of them!) at the top.
3. Make Pages User-Friendly – Ensure that your sales page formats will actually help sell your products or services. This includes:
- Creating attention-grabbing headers.
- Adding links below or within your text so readers can quickly navigate to pages while reading.
- Reorganizing content so it’s valuable to those browsing your site.
Instead of creating pages just for SEO rankings, focus on making the pages easy to navigate, interesting and useful to your customers so they’ll stay on the site and see what you have to offer.
By following these tips, your sales pages will help keep you a step ahead of your competitors and generate a steady stream of customers who want what you have to offer.
Go to WebBizIdeas for more detailed information on this subject.
Image credit: alexwhite / 123RF Stock Photo