As technology advances, so does our means of communications with others and the public. The radio and television were two technological mediums that companies used to advertise to their target audience. However, since the mid-1990s, the Internet has drastically changed the way we share information. It has turned into a new way for businesses to market their products or services directly to their target audience. Online platforms, such as websites and social media, offer a lot to companies such as higher ROI on their marketing campaigns and more business.
Research shows that more than half of all U.S. residents and more that 3/4 of all U.S. adults are online. A recent survey found that 92% of online adults use search engines to find information on the Internet, with 59% who do so on a typical day. Of these daily searches, 46% are for information on products or services. 89% of U.S. Internet users search online before they make a purchase, even when the purchase is made at a local business. With an astounding amount of people and potential customers online, it is important for companies to have an online presence so they do not miss out on opportunities and business that could be found on the Internet.
Top 5 Ways to Create Strong Online Presence
1. Website – This allows companies to post valuable information about their company and their products or services. It is a centralized location where users can learn about what the company has to offer. 60% of all organic clicks go to the top three organic search results. With correct SEO and keyword placement and number of indexed pages, websites are able to rank on search engine results – helping them get found by users who are searching for topics related to their company. Stats:
2. Blogging – 65% of daily internet users read a blog. By keeping a frequent blog, 2-3 times a week, you are contributing to your website’s SEO and are generating traffic to your site. B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those that do not. Businesses that blog at least 20 times a month generate 5 times more traffic and 4 times more leads than those who only blog a few times a month. Blog posts need to be valuable and remarkable content and need to be of interest to your target audience. Instead of solely company news, you should write about industry updates or other information that is of value to your target audience. By continuously updating your blog with industry updates and information you are positioning yourself as a subject matter expert. Also, by opening up the comment box, you are allowing direct communication between you and your potential customer – a place where you can offer advice and suggestions.
Related Resource from B2CWebcast: PR Hacking: How Ideas Spread And What Marketers Need to Know
3. Facebook – 93% of U.S. adult Internet users are on Facebook. As of date, there are more than 800 million active users on Facebook. When users “like” company pages get updates made to the business’s profile, such as new wall posts (blog and industry news updates), pictures, videos, discussion questions and more. Facebook allows companies to easily provide updates to followers as well as interact with users via comments.
4. Twitter – There are 100 million monthly active users on Twitter with over 250 million daily tweets. Companies with over 1,000 Twitter followers get 6 times more traffic. 70% of U.S. Twitter users are more likely to recommend the brands that they follow. Twitter accounts allow companies to share quick industry or company news, as well as blog posts to followers. Since posts are only allowed to be 140 characters, they are read quickly by followers, allowing them to easily decide if the topic is of interest to them. These updates can link back to your website or blog to drive traffic to updates you have made. With more than 1/2 of active Twitter users following companies, brands or products, it is important to make sure your company creates a continuously updated page for them to engage with.
5. LinkedIn – As of date, there are over 135 million professionals on LinkedIn. Company profiles allow businesses to connect with other professionals and establish themselves in a professional setting. They are also able to provide status updates on industry or company news as well as blog and Twitter updates to its followers. It grants companies the opportunity to network with others in their industry as well as become members in groups consisting of other members that may be of interest to them.
Establishing your company on the Internet allows your business to develop its online presence and reach towards potential customers. Websites provide information to help users make an informed decision about their buying purchases. Social media platforms keep users updated on the company and industry. Actually, 71% of Internet users are more likely to purchase based on social media referrals. By making use of what the Internet can offer your company, you have the opportunity to boost your sales and business.