What makes a website interesting to you? Is it content, interactivity, navigation, maybe all of the above? It can be a whole slew of reasons! Check out the reasons as to why might someone leave a website – courtesy of KissMetrics.
Does your website do any of those 8 No-Nos??
There are a number of reasons why you may want to redesign your company’s website. In addition to the infographic, below are some other important factors worth considering prior to redesigning your website:
Keeping your website fresh and current
Recommended for YouWebcast: Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Relationship that Converts to Sales
- If your website is a few years old and hasn’t kept up with a changing market, it will basically be targeting the wrong clientele and not attract the attention of your desired target market.
- Simple navigation and clear website usability increases website conversion.
- A redesign of your website will get people to notice that you’re doing something proactively to get their attention. It will give your web visitors something new to look at.
- Update your website with relevant content so people keep coming back for more.
- Search engines like websites that are frequently updated with new content.
- A web redesign will improve your website’s speed and performance
New platform integration/Keep up with the change in technology
- With all of the different viewing methods these days (smartphones, tablets etc…), it is beneficial for your website to be mobile/tablet compatible.
- Your website may lack features that, when adopted, can enhance the user experience.
- Incorporating new technology will enhance the site’s usability and effectiveness in the long run, so it pays to upgrade once in a while.
Make the most out of SEO
- SEO was not something that people thought of when designing their websites a few years ago. However, considering the relevance of SEO in today’s designing process, it makes sense to redesign the content aspect of your website to include relevant keywords that will attract more web traffic.
- The AODA is the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. In 2005, this act was passed for the purpose of improving accessibility standards for Ontarians with physical and mental disabilities to all public organizations by 2025.
- To keep your site updated with the best tools, you may need to redesign certain aspects to make it compatible with latest software (HTML 5, WCAG compliancyetc…)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) forms the criteria for compliancy to AODA; they define how to make Web content more accessible to people with disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning, and neurological disabilities.
- These guidelines also make Web content more usable by older individuals with changing abilities due to aging and often improve usability for users in general.
Improved interactivity tools for users
- A website is not just about graphics or text. A well-designed website will incorporate a wide range of tools like blogs, social media and forums that will engage users, which will help improve your website’s interactivity.
Content Management System (CMS) to maintain/accompany the new website
- Even after the website is created, you will be able to make any content/image changes on your own with using any programming or coding.
- It’s a website that allows the client to manage their own content instead of having to rely on a web firm to make frequent updates.
- This system allows you do make as many changes as you’d like at your own pace.
- Having a CMS ultimately saves you a lot of money and updating in the future.
Now, before you go ahead and get your website redesigned, you should be aware of new marketing developments and best practices, and only use these if they support your company’s goal and objectives. Web design should work in association with a good content strategy, optimized SEO, and lead/sales conversion to make it worth your while.
After reading through this blog, are there any aspects on your website that need attention/revisions? Which ones?