Over the last couple of years eBay has gone through a lot of changes. Some changes have been good for sellers and some have left us scratching our heads. I’ve heard a lot of stories about why people have walked away from eBay and why some members still sell there, but no longer have a store. Although I have heard some valid reasons for this, when it comes to selling items online eBay is still one of the best websites on the Internet. Here’s 7 great reasons to open an eBay store.
1. Location. Location. Location. According to eBizMBA, when it comes to sites that sell online, only Amazon has a higher ranking than eBay.
EbizMBA also reports that eBay gets a lot of visitors each month. Around 210 million to be exact. That’s a lot of potential buyers for your items and even better, you don’t have to hunt for buyers because they are all gathered for you in one place.
2. You can open a store in as little as five minutes. Ebay makes it so simple to sign up for a store that it will probably take you more time to come up with the name of your store than it will to actually open the store. Once you create your store and set up your PayPal account, you’re all set to start selling.
Related Resource from B2CWebcast: PR Hacking: How Ideas Spread And What Marketers Need to Know
3. No long lines at the post office. Ebay has made it super-easy for you to ship packages by letting you print postage from the USPS right off your own printer. Plus, they have recently added a way to print FedEx postage too. This gives sellers three choices; USPS, UPS, and FedEx. As an added bonus, when you use Priority Shipping with the post office, they will even come and pick up your packages right from your front door. You not only save time, but you can save the gas in your car too.
4. Support and advice from the eBay Seller Outreach Team. Once you have your store underway, you can schedule a consultation with the eBay Seller Outreach Team. A member of the team gives you a call and together you look over the items in your store and how your store is set up. The team member can then give you advice on things you can do to increase your sales. Now, for the best part — the consultation is free!
5. Work in your pajamas. Okay, you might want to change into some clothes before the postman knocks on the door, but the fact that eBay sellers get to work from home is certainly one of my favorite reasons for owning an eBay store.
6. Post your photos for free. We all know that the more pictures you can show potential buyers, the better the chances of your items selling. Ebay now lets sellers post up to 12 photos for free when you list an item. That’s good for stores and auctions.
7. Start your own business for little or nothing down. It still sounds too good to be true, but my favorite reason for selling on eBay is that people can start selling on eBay without having to even buy anything. Simply choose some items around your house that you don’t need anymore and once they are listed, you are in the eBay store business. Plus, you can sell full-time or part-time and if money is an issue you finance your business as you go. Start with the items you already have, then reinvest some of the money you make into buying new inventory — after that the sky is the limit.