Love it or hate it, Search Marketing – Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Local Search Optimization, and Pay Per Click advertising (PPC, SEM) – continues to play a prominent role in most effective internet marketing plans.
The rules and best practices for Search Marketing are dynamic and continue to undergo regular updates and changes. For this reason, it is important to have access to trustworthy and accurate sources of industry information.
Although I follow many Search Marketing blogs, the following 10 are the ones that I have found the most helpful, interesting, and informative for the work that I do. The list is far from definitive or objective, but it is in my opinion, a list of the most reliable, actionable, and up-to-date Search Marketing blogs on the market.
- Search Engine Land: informative and actionable information. Their “local search” information has been especially helpful.
- Search Engine Watch: wide range of search marketing topics, and articles for beginning to advanced search marketers.
- Understanding Google Places: Mike Blumenthal’s the “go to” guy for “local search” updates and changes.
- Matt Cutts: Head of Google’s webspam team, he has also become Google’s voice to the SEO community. Follow Matt for information on best practices and what is happening at Google.
- SEOmoz: SEO thought leaders – advanced SEO theories, ideas, and practices.
- Search Engine Journal (SEJ): covers wide range of search topics for variety of perspectives.
- SEO.com: There URL is SEO.com – need I say more?
- Brick Marketing: practical, insightful and actionable articles covering all aspects of SEO.
- Search Engine Roundtable: Barry Schwartz and the rest of the team report the latest news, updates, rumors, and concerns from the search marketing world.
- Local SEO Guide: Another great source for all things “local”.
As long as consumers use search engines like Google and Bing to find information about products, services, and companies; Search Marketing will be an important feature of online marketing.
This past year should have provided ample reason and motivation for marketers and business owners to stay current on what is happening in the search industry. The blogs highlighted in this article will keep you informed about the latest search trends, tools, and tactics.
What other Search Marketing blogs do you follow or recommend?