Mobile phones are the “it” toys of this generation. For one, they are functional pieces of technology that have literally changed the way that we live, plan, play, and communicate. Most of us, at this point, would not have a clue how to continue functioning without our phones by our side. They are an extension of us in many ways and allow us to always stay in contact – plugged in – personally and professionally.
Of course, the more bells and whistles the phone has, the more we want it, as we just know that having the newest model of phone will improve our lives further. We just can’t get enough of our mobile phones.
Here’s the issue about mobile phones – they are expensive; but there are ways to save money and find the best deals on the best of phones.
Here are the Top 5 Ways to Get the Best Deals on Mobiles:
1. Shop Providers – One of the best ways to get a great deal on a mobile is to work directly between providers. Each cell phone provider has their own deal; their own offerings depending on the type and age of a particular phone. If you have had a long relationship with one provider, there is absolutely no harm in talking directly to a representative and asking for what you want at the price that you want.
There is always another provider around the corner that will want your business and, as a consumer, it’s well within your right to shop the competition.
2. Work Your Upgrades – Of course, one of the benefits of staying with one particular cell phone provider is the fact that you are eligible for upgrades along the way. Contracts extend for certain periods of time, after which you have the option to upgrade to a newer model of phone.
If there’s a particular phone that you’ve had your eye on, watch your upgrades and what you will be eligible to get and when. Talk to representatives at your service provider so that they can give you an idea of when you’ll be able to get the phone you want.
3. Buy Refurbished – One of the best ways to get a really great phone at a fantastic price is by buying a refurbished phone. Refurbished phones are pre-used phones that have been brought back to factory standards; in most cases you absolutely cannot tell the difference between a refurbished phone and a new phone. You can find refurbished phones through your cell phone provider and also through a variety of online re-sellers.
Get creative, get educated about the product you’re looking for and you’ll be surprised at the many options available to you by opening the door to refurbished phones.
4. Sign That Contract – A great deal on a phone usually comes with a contract that extends through a particular term. Cell phone providers get more money through their contracts – collecting money every month for many years – than they do by the sale of one phone. So you’ll find that when a new phone comes on the market – traditionally at a very high price – cell phone providers will drop the price of that phone to make it more attractive to consumers.
The catch for those who purchase the phone is the fact that – in order to get that price on the phone – they have to sign a contract (usually for two years) with that particular provider. As long as you read your contract, know the terms, and choose an affordable plan, you can’t go wrong with a contract from most providers.
5. Make a Bid – Online auctions have become the best spot in town for finding great deals. Sellers gather in auction sites to sell – or have potential buyers bid – on their wares. As long as the sellers have a trustworthy reputation – something very easy to find out through reviews on reputable auction sites – you are in good hands and have nothing to lose by making a bid for a great deal on a mobile phone.
In addition to auctions, online markets are a great place to find affordable cell phones.
Having a new phone in our hands can easily feel like we have all tools that we need right at our fingertips; the best technology at our disposal. And that can be a great feeling. However, when you get a great deal on a hot phone, it can make you feel even more fantastic.
Image courtesy of Idea go/FreeDigitalPhotos.net