Many people are unhappy with the fact that Facebook has acquired Instagram. While there is no immediate cause for concern, many users fear what changes may be in the future. If you are one of those and want to find a great alternative to Instagram, consider some of these options. Just make sure you export all of your pics from Instagram first. Although these options are geared toward iPhone users only, there are choices for other operating systems as well.
- PicYou – The interface of PicYou is very much like that of Instagram, making it very easy to adapt to. It provides instant sharing and allows you to automatically share photos on Facebook and Twitter. PicYou allows you to add frames and filters to your pics and provides access to all pictures on the website. The app itself is free to download, but some of the filters cost $1 each.
- PicPlz – PicPlz allows you to apply frames and filters with a couple of clicks. In addition, this great app allows you to draw on your photo, rotate or crop it, or transform it into a meme. Although the app is missing some of the filters of Instagram, it makes up for it by offering some other great features. It also offers the same sharing options as Instagram, making it a good alternative to download for free.
- Hipstamatic – This app offers a certain style that will not appeal to everyone. Made to provide a vintage camera experience, Hipstamatic allows you to change film stock, lenses, and flashes and emulates the photo development process of a camera. Depending upon your personality, these features can either be awesome or awful. Either way, they can be expensive. The app itself is $2 and there are many, many in-app purchases available.
- Camera+ – Okay, in all honesty, this isn’t really an Instagram replacement, but it does allow you to share your photos and it’s a fantastic iPhone camera app. Camera+ offers you a larger variety of editing tools and filters than you will ever need. If you are truly interested in getting the best pics from your iPhone, spend the $1 and get Camera+.
- EyeEm – The thing that keeps EyeEm from being just another frames and filters social photo app is that it allows you to share photos as part of a group. If you take lots of pictures of the moon, you can share them as part of a group of people who photograph the moon. In addition, you can share your photos on all of the most popular services. Best of all, it’s free.
- Camera Awesome – While this is not a social camera app, it provides a great alternative to Camera+. It has plenty of effects and filters to make your great photos even better. While Camera+ is a bit higher quality, Camera Awesome is absolutely free. So, if you are looking to save every dollar you can, it’s a fantastic little camera app that you are sure to be happy with.