Many business owners have finally realized the great growth potential that can occur with the implementation of a mobile marketing campaign. Mobile marketing has grown in leaps and bounds over the past few years and surveys state that nearly ninety percent of businesses plan to start a mobile marketing campaign in the upcoming year. Business owners need to have a strategic plan in order to be successful with this incredible marketing technique. By following these tips, you will be on your way to bigger and better things simply by creating a solid marketing campaign.
Know Your Target
Before you can even begin to create a mobile marketing campaign, you have to know who your target audience is and then set your goals from there. Knowing your target audience as well as their wants and needs will help you to determine the correct strategy and best plan for your mobile marketing campaign.
- Crowdsourcing is an innovative way to get your customers involved and interested in your business. SMS voting can be great options. Just think about how many customers took the time to vote on the new M&M color from Hershey’s recent campaign. Input and feedback from your customers will make them feel like they are invested in your business.
- Mobile display advertising, with or without the use of SMS contests and offers is beneficial to build awareness to your brand. When offers and contests can be shared, the potential for them going viral can be phenomenal. The information gained about your customers such as if they readily shop online or if they are tech savvy can help you decide if your ad placement is correct or if you need to find other offers.
- Sending mobile SMS questionnaires at particular intervals, depending upon when your customers subscribed to your mobile list can give you insight into their likes, wants and needs.
Create a Budget
It is absolutely essential that you create a serious budget for your mobile marketing campaign. There is no specific amount that would be perfect for each and every business. Only you can determine the proper budget for your company however; you should keep in mind that mobile campaigns are cost effective and flexible, especially SMS. When creating your budget, you should consider the following.
- Shared vanity codes can cost significantly less than dedicated ones. You should take the time to figure out which would be best for your business. However if your campaign is focused on branding a product or service, then a custom solution would be the better choice.
- Your budget should also include other supporting elements that will help your mobile campaign succeed such as the cost to optimize your website and landing pages for mobile devices. This is important because you don’t want to spend your money delivering your message and then you are unable to convert your visitors because you have landing pages or websites that are not optimized for mobile.
- It would be wise to dedicate more funds for your first mobile marketing campaign. This will help you to beef up your mobile customer lists and it will eventually cost you less in future campaigns.
Choose How To Deploy Your Mobile Marketing Message
There are many advertising mediums you can use to help deliver your mobile marketing message to your target audience. QR codes or sms vanity codes strategically placed on these mediums are the best option for quickly delivering your mobile message onto the smartphones of your target audience.
Below are some advertising mediums you can use with QR Codes or SMS vanity codes to reach your audience while their on the move:
- Print Coupons
- Print Media ( Brochures, Flyers, Business Cards, Newspapers, Magazines )
- Website Pages
- Banner ads ( Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, Bing Ads)
- Social Media ( Twitter Promotions, Facebook Fan Pages )
- Advertising Specialties ( Mugs, T-shirts, Water Bottles, Keychains, etc)
- Outdoor Advertising ( Outdoor Billboards, Bus Stop Benches, Display Advertising)
Build Long Term Relationships
Mobile marketing campaigns are all about building long term relationships with your customers. You should plan to have several campaigns stretching throughout the year for effective and regular customer engagement. This can help you refine and monitor the efficiency of your mobile marketing campaigns.