LinkedIn is one of the most popular social media networks for job seekers and professionals. But, did you know that it’s also a great way to build your business and grow your customer base?
Research has found that traffic from LinkedIn generated the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate at 2.74%, almost 3 times higher (277%) than both Twitter (.69%) and Facebook (.77%). PROSAR has found similar results; LinkedIn has generated more leads for us than Twitter and Facebook combined.
Recommended For YouBlack Friday Deals 2014 on Business 2 Community
Some of the key actions you can implement to maximize LinkedIn are:
Create a company profile
- Highlight your services
- Get more followers by using the follow button provided by LinkedIn
- Link back to your website (bonus: this helps with SEO!)
Become known as a thought leader in your industry
- Contribute to LinkedIn Answers on questions about your industry
- Share and comment on stories in groups you are part of
- Use the advanced search features to find prospects who are 2nd degree connections. Ask your contacts to introduce you.
- Try LinkedIn direct ads
- Share your blog posts (you are blogging, right?) and free offers in groups and on your company page
What other ways have you used LinkedIn to generate leads? Share your experiences in the comments section!