Is your business’ LinkedIn page looking a little sad and lonely? Don’t worry, forever alone doesn’t have to be its fate. In today’s To-Do Tuesday, we’ll show you how you can grow your followers and increase your brand’s exposure this week on LinkedIn – and it might be easier than you think! According to an article on Social Media Examiner, “LinkedIn has stated that you only need 100-200 followers for your company page to reach the tipping point to start making an impact and driving engagement.” So dry your eyes, lonely LinkedIn user. You can get that many followers in no time at all. We have faith in you!
6 Ways to Get Followers on LinkedIn
- Share your company page with connections from your personal profile. How? Simply ask them if they’d also follow your company page by sharing the link as a status update on your personal profile.
- Ask your employees to share the page with their connections. If you have all of your employees do this, you should see your follower count go up fairly quickly. Just be sure to ask them to include a personal message so you get the best results possible.
- What other social media sites are you on? Twitter, Facebook, and/or Google +? Be sure you’re sharing your LinkedIn page on these sites (on both your personal and business accounts) so you’re not missing out on getting new followers.
- Want to encourage people to share your blog content on LinkedIn or follow your business’ profile? You can do this by adding a follow, recommend, or share button to your company website or blog. Not sure how to do that? Don’t stress, click this link for instructions courtesy of LinkedIn.
- The more people you follow on LinkedIn, the more likely you are to have a larger follower base yourself. That’s why you should follow all of your clients. When they see you’re following them, they might follow you back. It’s as easy as that!
- Want to get more followers on LinkedIn every time you send an email? Add your LinkedIn company page to your email signature. While this isn’t a guarantee it’ll work, it will still give you a great shot at continually building your followers on LinkedIn, especially if you send a lot of emails on a daily basis.
There you have it! Six easy ways you can liven up your LinkedIn page with new followers. If your business page isn’t quite ready for followers yet or you’d like a few more tips and tricks on how to grow your profile, download our free guide to getting started on LinkedIn.
Tell us: Which LinkedIn tip will you be trying?