LinkedIn launched Mentions this morning, a new way for members to engage in professional conversations by mentioning connections and companies on the LinkedIn Homepage. I’m super excited about this because I have at least a dozen use cases for this new feature:
- Share content a connection may be interested in
- Give kudos to someone in your network who is in the news
- Highlight a connection who wrote a great blog post
- Mention a connection who is featured in a (work appropriate) video
- Thank colleagues you just completed a project with
- Highlight peers you’re looking forward to seeing at an upcoming conference
- Give a shout out to people you’re speaking on a panel with
- Share a memorable quote by someone you’re connected to
- Respond to someone who commented in a status update you’ve engaged with
- Congratulate someone on a promotion or a new job
- Show appreciation to a company that just provided you with great service
- Mention a company that’s featured in a positive light in the news
How will you use this new feature on LinkedIn? Let me know in the comments below or tweet it to me @cheesycons.
Mentions is rolling out to all English-speaking members starting today.
If you don’t see Mentions in your LinkedIn experience yet, check out the Slideshare below for a sneak preview.