Let’s assume you are the administrator of your LinkedIn Company Page and have been charged with attracting followers and expanding your company’s digital footprint via LinkedIn. LinkedIn is always giving its members multiple ways to achieve the same task. Below is a list of a few ideas we would like to share with you on how to maximize your company’s investment in LinkedIn.
1. Targeted Audience: You can easily tailor your LinkedIn company updates to specific followers by using the targeted company updates function. If you have not built out your LinkedIn Company Showcase Pages yet, using the targeted audience function is another solution to share specific content with specific individuals.
Step 1: Share with targeted audience.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Strategies, Tactics & Tools for Content Marketing in 2015
Step 2: Define your target audience by specifying filters.
2. Sponsored Updates: These paid updates allow your company to reach LinkedIn members beyond your current list of followers. Sponsored Updates extend the reach of your company’s content to the more than 300 million member global LinkedIn network.
3. Follow Button: Consider adding the follow button to your company’s website versus a re-direct link to the LinkedIn Company Page. This video shows you what to do to quickly grow your following.
We also recommend adding a link to your LinkedIn Company Page in your email signature. The more followers your company has, the more LinkedIn members the updates will reach.
4. Notify your network: Let your network know that you launched a new LinkedIn Company Page by mass-messaging up to 50 of your connections. You can hand-select these individuals under the Contacts section of your LinkedIn account. Here is a sample of what your message might say:
I hope this message finds you well. I am in touch to let you know that we have launched our new LinkedIn Company Page where we intend to share industry news that may be of interest to you.
Here’s a link: http://www.linkedin.com/company/intero-advisory
Will you follow us?
Thanks for your support and please let me know how I can help you.
5. Share with your network: Since you are the LinkedIn Company Page administrator, you will need to share the company updates a little differently than you would as a LinkedIn member following another company. Hover over Interests in the top navigation bar, and then click on Companies to see the rolling newsfeed of updates from LinkedIn Company Pages you are following. Since you are most certainly following your own company, you can then go to your recent company post and click the share button.
We have built dozens of Company Pages and have coached hundreds of professionals, yet LinkedIn keeps it interesting for all of us as they continue to expand their offerings and evolve their platform.
What other ideas do you have to extend your LinkedIn company footprint? Let us know!