Are you someone who is on LinkedIn but not really sure what to do with it? Maybe you see competitors on LinkedIn doing well and wonder to yourself “How do they get so many connections, etc”. Often I hear my clients state that they are simply paralyzed (and overwhelmed) which naturally makes creating a compelling, robust profile a task to be avoided! Don’t let this happen to you!
There is a was to make progress on a daily basis and can be accomplished in as little as 15-20 minutes per day. You will be amazed at the result you get!
If you are anything like me, I want to make money, and work smart so I can be more productive and do more in less time. Here are 5 things you can do each day to start creating your unique brand and let the world know who you are and what you have to offer!
1. “Top of the Fold” The most critical area on your profile (and the first to be seen) is your photo, name and headline. Have a professional headshot as you have 70X more chance to be clicked on! Also use your headline as your elevator pitch or marketing statement.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Your Viral Voice: How to Create Conversations that Convert to Sales
You are not a job title! Use the 120 characters to tell who you are and what you provide (& try to use some keywords). Be creative and unique to STAND OUT. Compel viewers to read more!
2. To be successful you need to do 2 things: Keyword Optimize your Profile (headline, summary, current & past experience,skills) and GROW your network.
If you can’t be found you don’t exist! Your 2nd degree network is where you can search into and be searched! So connect! It’s not who you know, but who you get to know that leads to opportunities.
3. Build your authoritative status AND trust & credibility by finding thought proving articles from influencers, the LinkedIn newsfeed, groups and more. SHARE with your network once a day and you will be noticed.
4. Like and be Liked! Engage with your connections and offer genuine ‘likes’ to content you see from them. If you engage with many connections on a regular basis, they will start listening and possible share your comments with others.
You are now building your ‘expert’ status while providing relevant content, ALL of which is already on LinkedIn!
5. Groups: You can join 50 groups on LinkedIn but engaging with all of them would be overwhelming and probably not the best use of your time. Pick one group at a time and start a discussion, ask a question (which is easier to draw people to answer and engage back) and comment on other posts.
BONUS TIP: Did you know you can easily connect with members of a group that you are subscribed to? By being part of the group, the gateway opens and allows you to send an invite because both of you are members. Look at the members that inspire you or that you would love to chat with and request to connect. It’s the absolute best and fastest way to GROW your network.
How many members will you invite today?
Thanks nan palmero for the great photo via Flickr.