After speaking at a recent blogger event where 80% of the room was hardly leveraging LinkedIn at all, I thought I’d share the 10 things I do on LinkedIn each and every week as inspiration for others to do more on this powerful professional networking platform. If you start doing even just a few of these things, I’m certain you’ll see some new (and welcome) outreach as well as activity on LinkedIn. BTW, over the course of any given week, these 10 things take up no more than an hour of my time.
- Update my status on my profile with either news about a connection or an upcoming speaking engagement I have.
- Share something worthy that a connection has posted.
- Review my main stream and Like or Comment on things my network has shared.
- Review who’s looking at my profile and see if there is anyone I want to connect with on the list. Remember, though, if you don’t have an upgraded account, you need to be willing to let others see that you’ve viewed their profile as shown here via Settings (click to enlarge): BTW, I once had an upgrade through a prior job and didn’t really see any value in it as long as you check it every few days, which I do.
- Share an industry-relevant article, post or maybe a new service offering on my Bella Domain Media company page.
- Endorse what I’m comfortable endorsing for direct connections. (Does anyone really endorse people they couldn’t vouch for during a reference request?)
- Research people or companies I’m interested in or are targeting for future work or collaborations.
- Follow some new (to me on LinkedIn) thought leaders or Company pages.
- Check out what’s happening within some of the groups where I’m most active. (Comment and Like where appropriate.)
- Grow my network by sending personalized Invitations to Connect to the new people I meet (or like) each week.
What do you do on LinkedIn on a regular basis? Please feel free to add your weekly To Dos on LinkedIn in the comments section so others can learn from you too. Thanks!