In business, especially where telemarketing tasks are involved, confidence can break barriers. It is true. Who would want to talk to someone who is not sure of themselves, especially on the phone? Remember, telephone communication is the main connection between you and prospects. Only your voice can tell whether you know what you are talking about. Being confident is not just about sounding one, it is being one.
Unfortunately, that is one trait that has to be cultivated. This is not something all people are born with. In this case, you will need to constant training to project yourself as a confident person. Not only will your prospects like you for this, it will also increase your productivity.
Now, what should you do to solve this? Jacquelyn Smith in her article in Forbes.com wrote down ten ways to do this:
1. Stay focused on you – this is the most important step. You need to be focused in yourself before you can start anything. Believe that you can do it.
2. Know your strengths – by knowing what you can do, you can figure out how to make these strengths translate into what you do. If you are more of the conversational type, you can use it to engage your prospects, building rapport, and worry about selling later.
3. See your weaknesses – and improve on them. Eradicating it may be a tall order, but if you can minimize them, then that is a good start. Just do not be focused solely on them. The point here is to boost your confidence.
4. Believe in what you can do – keeping a positive mindset can be a great deal of help. It may be hard to believe, but this can actually help you stay focused better in your job.
5. Count your wins – if you know what are the good things you have done, then you will know that you are doing well. These little successes of yours can help give you a boost in confidence. It will encourage you to continue with your work, as well as motivate you to do better.
6. Be ready for shake ups – it is possible that no matter what you do, you will still get negative comments. Do not linger too much over this. Give yourself time to compose yourself before you proceed to the next call.
7. Hear goodness from others – if you feel like you are still inadequate, you can always ask from good friends, colleagues, and, yes, even your boss about your performance. Who knows, they might be able to see a lot more good in you than what you previously thought.
8. Look for a challenge – give yourself a challenge, something that you think will do good for you. It does not have to be that big or complex. It may be just something that can boost your self-esteem once you succeed.
9. Be the center of optimism – by focusing on how you can do better, or being positive despite setbacks, it can create a positive effect on others as well.
10. Take things with grace – how you react to others’ actions will tell how you are as a person. Using a more positive response to things will not just make you a better person, it will also make you a likable companion.
These are just some of the things that you might want to use to improve yourselves as telemarketers.
This post originally appeared at http://ambrkingsalesandmarketing.blog.com