Utilizing social media in our marketing strategies is compulsory – but do you know which platform is best for your company?
With options ranging from Twitter and Facebook to Pinterest and Instagram, determining the appropriate social media platform can be an overwhelming experience. However, this unique infographic by the media solutions company Leverage compares the differences between Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. In turn, this can help guide your social media decision-making.
Originally reported in Leverage’s infographic, the following data should be considered if you are examining social media for the first time:
- 68% of users are female; 32% are male.
- Ideal for sharing concepts on fashion, wedding, infants and décor.
- Active number of users is calculated at 70 million.
- Utilized primarily in the United States.
- Note: you can only post 140 characters per tweet.
- Active number of users is calculated at 560 million.
- Beneficial for reaching customers without annoying them.
- 2.5 billion portions of information are shared each day.
- Active number of users is calculated at 1 billion.
- Focuses on photos and short videos.
- MTV is the primary brand that Instagram users follow.
- Active number of users is calculated at 150 million.
- 925,000 new users join Google+ daily.
- Encourages users to create “circles.”
- Active number of users is calculated at 400 million.
- Known for being business-oriented.
- Close to 80% of LinkedIn users are older than the age of 35.
- Active number of users is calculated at 240 million.
Click on the image below to view the full infographic. How will you use the data from this infographic in your upcoming projects?
Recommended for YouWebcast: Sales and Marketing Alignment: 7 Steps To Implement Effective Sales Enablement