Social customer care and engagement is the theme for today’s new infographic. It was provided by Social Sprout from their “The Social Customer: Highlights from The Sprout Social Index” report. This in-depth report looks at over 160 million inbound messages from 20,000 brand Twitter accounts and Facebook pages. Data was collected from 15 different industries. Read on for the top 7 findings and recommendations.
Top 7 Findings:
- Customers engaging with brands is definitely on the upswing.
- User engagement is growing nine times faster than social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- When it comes to engaging with consumers, both the entertainment and utility industries are growing the most.
- Engagement performance and response times vary from industry to industry. Business services and utilities have the shortest response times. Banking/finance and utilities have the highest response rates. The real estate industries could benefit the most being second-to-last in both response time and rate.
- Overall response rates are dropping significantly and a whopping 80 percent of all customer inquiries go unanswered. This leaves much room for improvement as many adults have social media accounts and look to social for customer care.
- On average brands receive 3 inbound requests per month from Twitter for every 2 they get from Facebook per 1000 fans or followers respectively.
- Average response times to customer inquiries for brands are on the rise and needs to be addressed this year.
Top 7 Recommendations:
- Build your social team to be responsive.
- Include your most experienced customer-facing staff on the team.
- Use the right software tools.
- Determine which metrics are most important to your business and use them.
- Make sure your replies are conversational not overly promotional.
- Enable the appropriate departments inside your business to share tools and data.
- Be careful about prioritizing certain customers above the rest. Hire additional resources to handle the volume.
Related Resource from B2CWebcast: PR Hacking: How Ideas Spread And What Marketers Need to Know
What methods does your company use to manage social customer care and engagement?
Leave a comment and do share.