PR Daily asked 2,714 communicators how their companies use social media in their Ragan/NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions survey, and Go-Gulf.com highlighted some of the findings in an infographic.
This was a fairly decent size data set for the survey and it’s still surprising to me that companies have not figured out how to generate leads on social media though they seem to be able to measure social media results.
Some of the most amazing points I noted were:
Recommended for YouWebcast: Sales and Marketing Alignment: 7 Steps To Implement Effective Sales Enablement
- Over 80% of companies have less than 3 people managing social media.
- 86% of companies only track vanity metrics like fans and followers.
- Only 31% of companies can track social media to sales.
- 65% of the companies say the biggest obstacle for companies to use social media is time.
- 40% of the companies think the goal of social media is to increase sales