Did you know that over 300,000 American children suffer from juvenile arthritis? This autoimmune and inflammatory condition can develop in children ages 16 and younger and can involve not only joint inflammation, but also the eyes, skin and gastrointestinal tract.
The month of July is Juvenile Arthritis Awareness Month. Here are a few marketing tips to help your hospital raise awareness of this condition:
- Put an iPad in waiting rooms with a link to https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donor.asp?c=pkI2KfMUItF&b=4979965 so people can easily donate to the Arthritis Foundation.
- Create Point-of-Purchase (POP) displays/signage throughout the hospital that includes a call to action on how the public can help.
- Create a charity event to bring more awareness to the condition.
- Post awareness information and symptoms of the disease on your hospital’s social media pages, including Facebook. Use Twitter to continue the conversation and drive to events and other pages.
- Create an email blast and include in your hospital’s traditional and electronic newsletters what your hospital is doing to combat this condition.