Online video streaming is evolving, and your business can benefit. Google recently released Hangouts On Air to the public, its newest addition to Google+ that had previously been limited to a select group of companies. Hangouts On Air offers instant and free live video broadcasting to an unlimited number of viewers. This easy to use application can help you connect to potential and existing customers on various levels. Cool, right? Here are a few ways that your business can take advantage of this free software.
- Instantly broadcast through Google+, YouTube, or your own website. Hangouts On Air offers live video broadcasting through Google+, YouTube, and any other website it is embedded on. This means easy access. Whether hosting a webinar, roundtable discussion, or even a conference, your Hangout session’s audience is virtually unlimited.
- Record and share your broadcasts across social media platforms. Not only does Hangouts On Air allow businesses to stream live video, but it can be shared once it is over, too. Google also allows editing once the hangout it complete, which lets your company perfect its message.
- Spice up your presentations. There are various apps that allow your business to enhance its video broadcasts through Hangouts On Air. SlideShare allows slides shows and presentations to be shared among your audience, Cacoo allows each participant to draw and share ideas within the group, you can share Google Docs easily, and you can share screens, as well. The possibilities are becoming endless.
- Broadcast live videos on the go. Hangouts On Air is easy to use on the go for Android phone owners. Although On Air hasn’t reached the iPhone network yet, if you have an Android and download the Google+ app you can instantly record and broadcast video from wherever you are.
- Monitor views and get instant feedback. Your business can also observe how many people are viewing the broadcast at any point during the video. Also, Hangouts On Air is accompanied by a chat bar (resembling a Twitter feed) during live broadcasting that can help you further connect with viewers. This instant feedback can be extremely valuable.
Hangouts On Air is a rapidly growing tool. On January 30, President Obama hosted a completely virtual interview through Google+ Hangouts. Jamie Oliver from the Food Network, Conan O’Brien, and CBS Today have also hosted Google+ Hangouts On Air sessions to promote events and answer viewer-submitted questions. Various musicians have used Hangouts On Air to promote their music. Daria Musk, a singer-songwriter without a management team or big record label to support her, launched a concert over Google+ Hangouts that reaced over 200,000 people. If businesses take action, they too can have the potential to reach success.
It’s easy to see how Google+ Hangouts On Air is more than a simple video streaming service. It truly is a remarkable way for businesses to reach and connect to viewers. By building and interacting in communities such as Google+, your business can have a strong presence in the digital world.