Nowadays there is a greater increase in cost of health care and to avoid unexpected expenses it is better you take health insurance earlier. There are lots of health insurance plans available in the market that will cover yours and your family’s hospital expenses. There are health insurance plans available which have high premium amount and that don’t cover the cost of major medical procedures. In such case the medical insurance plan may cost you expensive. So it is very important that you choose the right health insurance plan that stays within your budget, if you are going to pay for it.It is very important that you take care of your health as well as your pocket. Now let us see how health insurance policies will benefit you when you are in trouble.
- Medical insurance will cover pre- hospitalization, post hospitalization and day care expenses.
- Most health insurance provides cashless facility which is very helpful during emergency situation.
- The insurance policy will save income tax.
- It covers expenses such as room rent, medicines, diagnostic fee, consultation fee and Operation Theater charges of a person admitted to hospitals on emergency situation.
- The insured person can reimburse the medical expense monthly or yearly.
- If death occurs of insured person then the insurance policy benefits family members.
Now here are some tips to maximize your health insurance benefit.
- Understand your benefits – the first thing you should do is to note down the benefits and this will help you to control insurance cost.
- Carefully read your policy – most insurance policies have loopholes so you you should carefully read the policy before accepting it. There would be certain things that will not be covered by the insurance company and you should be aware of it. This will prevent you from feeling bad when insurance company denies a claim.
- Review the received bills – sometimes you will get bills unexpectedly from the medical insurance company that has to be paid from your pocket. So it is better you review the bills when you receive it.
- Consult your doctor – consult with your doctor and confirm whether he accepts the medical insurance. Don’t believe the professional list given in the booklet because they can be out of date.
- Take preapproval – if you are going to have a surgery on a particular date then it is better you talk with your insurance company what all medical procedures, test, therapy and checkups they cover.
- Make use of professional group and associations – If you belong to a particular group or associations then you will get cheap insurance policy through them. The groups are linked with different insurance policies and this will benefit you a lot.
- Understand your need of insurance – you should take medical insurance policies that cover all family members need. If your family members needs have changed then change the insurance policy coverage.
- Consider the cost of insurance policy – if you are going to purchase medical insurance policy from your pocket then calculate all costs such as premium, deductible and co-pays.
- Take advantage of all service – you should know what all medical checkups covers your policy. For example if the plan covers routine checkups then take advantage of such services before the medical policy expires. Some medical policies cover immunization of children’s then take advantage of it on proper time.
If you want your medical insurance policy to be affordable then raise the deductible. When you purchase a medical insurance policy there are certain added benefits provided to you that you may not be aware of, so it is very important that the policy holder understand all information provided by the health insurance company. If you have any doubts regarding the features of health insurance policy that you going to purchase, then clear it out immediately before purchasing the policy.