Timeline for Facebook Pages is here!
Tell Your Company Story and Utilize the Image Driven Timeline Tools
Leverage Timeline’s unique features to build an engaging narrative for your visitors to help turn them into a engaged community.
Cover Photo [851 x 315]
Timeline’s cover photo allows you to create an eye-catching, descriptive visual of your company. Use the large real estate available (851 x 315 pixels), and change the image occasionally, in step with campaigns or other events relevant to your brand. Keep it clean, clear, and uncluttered. Be sure to adhere to Facebook policy as this area cannot include a call-to-action or phone number.
Profile Image [180 x 180]
This image represents your brand’s identity and should remain clear and succinct. It is the intro and nutshell message of who you are that helps guide visitors to dig deeper. You can include a url in this area.
Feature Tabs [111 x 74]
Timeline sets your Page Photo Album as the first large tab image to the right of the About area. You then get the opportunity to highlight up to 3 more visible custom tab images that link to custom tabs you have created. Additional tabs can be seen by clicking the drop down arrow next to the tab image furthest to the right.
Best uses of the large tab images are:
• Make them visually eye-catching
• Be clear and concise, “Enter to Win!” is much better than “Click this tab to enter our Contest.”
• Assign names to your tabs that clearly indicate to users the content the tabs are driving to.
• Drive web and twitter traffic directly to tab url’s with a Like Gate to help build your fan base.
Pin Posts, Milestones, and Stars
Timeline provides your brand with new options for self-expression! You can use milestones, pinning, and stars to create a cohesive narrative for your audience.
Timeline allows you to pin a post to the top of your Timeline for 7 days at a time. This is a great way to curate your content and highlight important items so they are “top of mind” (and Page!) for visitors. Be sure to make the most out of this tool by:
• Pinning key events and key posts, linking them to your custom TabSite tabs where they can get the full information.
• When running a sweepstakes or contest, pin a post that calls attention to a particular phase of the promotion, again linking to the custom tab to drive visitors to it.
A milestone is a major event that is particularly relevant to your company, such as a product launch, store opening, or other moment in history that is significant to your brand’s growth and development. Be sure to add milestones for company start date and other key moments! You can make the most out of this feature by doing the following:
• Use photos & videos
• Customize the content to your industry
• Ask open ended questions to prompt comments and engagement
Highlight an important post on your brand’s Timeline by “starring” it. When you star a post, it will expand to the full width (double-wide) of your Timeline and always be visible. To star a post on your Timeline, simply hover over the post and click the star icon that appears. This is a great way to showcase product image photos and other important visuals. Note that Milestones cannot be starred.
Timeline gives users the ability to send private, direct messages to brand pages. You should view this new capability as an enhanced customer support channel, and ensure that the messages your page receives are responded to or escalated in a timely manner.
DOWNLOAD FREE PDF VERSION: