I recently read an interesting article on the Hubspot blog – asking the question, “Is the day of the ‘How To’ blog post dead?”
Well, given how many questions I receive following training sessions and generally via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, then I am saying, no, it’s not. And I’m still going to ensure that I blend a number of practical guides within our blog.
This latest blog ‘How To’ comes from a recent delegate that asked the question about how she can run a poll into her Facebook Page audience.
It’s pretty simple – as is everything if you know how to do it. So just in case you too are looking to run a poll into your Facebook audience but haven’t figured out how to do it yes – here are the simple steps to follow:
Step 1 – Go to your Facebook Page
Recommended for YouWebcast: Zero to Millions: The Secrets Behind Building a Business and Growing a Digital Audience
Step 2 – Go to the Status Update box
Step 3 – Click on the Offer Event+ tab
Step 4 – When that opens up you’ll see
Step 5 – Click the Question tab in the drop down menu
Step 6 – You’ll get this box stating ‘Ask something’ and down in the bottom menu the facility to Add Poll Options
Step 7 – You’ll be presented with your Poll options where you can add an option (and you can keep adding to it should you feel you need to ask more options into your Poll).
And that’s it.
Some Poll Pointers
- Before publishing a poll be sure that you have considered what you are looking to get out of the poll so that you are asking the right questions.
- Polls are great for helping your audience to engage in a speedy and low maintenance way. People hit the ‘Like’ button on Facebook far more than they make a comment, that’s because the ‘like’ feature still enables engagement but is very low maintenance for the end user.
- Asking a Poll is therefore a good way of getting engagement around a subject which could potentially be far too open ended if asked in a more ‘open question’. So in a nutshell, Polls make it simple for people to engage and share their viewpoint.
- Plus the results of the Poll may give you insights which you may not otherwise have known. And provide you with interesting feedback which you can create content around.
- And finally, what’s the best way to start a conversation? Simple – ask a question.
Happy Facebook polling.