The key to constructing a good post is to keep in mind these two things: Facebook is about having a two-way conversation and it’s about providing information to users that is helpful.
To highlight these online conversations in the most user-centric way possible, there are several phrases that can be used in Facebook posts to trigger engagement. The most successful of phrases often include quick or simple-to-respond questions and use attractive verbiage to get users interested in what you’re posting.
To understand what we mean, here are 15 phrases to help boost your post engagement:
- What do you think? or What are your thoughts?
- Click Like if you agree!
- Here’s some valuable information on…
- You don’t want to miss this!
- This is a MUST watch/read…
- How did you react to the news?
- Any suggestions?
- Do you find Facebook’s new Timeline design confusing? Here’s a guide to Timeline to help you out. (Reference a problem, then provide a solution)
- Only ____ days left to…
- GREAT TIP: (insert tip)
- Fill in the blank: On Social Media Day I ____________.
- We agree (or disagree), what about you?
- When is the last time you ….
- Get $___ off … (“$ off” statements receive 55% more engagement than “% off.” And mentioning the word “coupon” sparks more engagement than using the word “sale”)