You can watch the trailer of the movie Girl Rising here:
Education for girls means that half the world’s population can contribute equally to our collective growth
Related Resources from B2C
» Free Webcast: Using Data and Design to Create a Knockout Email Nurture Program
The organization behind the movie, 10×10, has created a huge campaign around the movie. Some facts:
- Educating girls in the developing world can transform families, communities, and entire countries – and break the cycle of poverty in just one generation.
- Girl Rising is a film by Academy Award-nominated director Richard E. Robbins.
- Produced by the award-winning former ABC News journalists of The Documentary Group in association with Paul Allen’s Vulcan Productions.
- Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Selena Gomez and other acclaimed actors contribute voice performances to the film, which features original music from Academy Award winner Rachel Portman, in collaboration with Hans Zimmer.
To generate engagement around the topic and get the film screened in as many theaters as possible, 10×10 is using Gathr.us.
How does it work?
- Anybody has the option to champion a movie screening in their town and then gather their tribe.
- Alternatively, you can find a proposed screening on Gathr.us and support it.
- 100 tickets have to be “pre-ordered” to “tip” the movie to be screened by a certain date. If not enough tickets are “sold”, nobody will be charged.
To promote the movie by word of mouth, 10×10 is using Thunderclap.
How does it work?
- Imagine instead of sending individual tweets, you could pool hundreds of tweets and then send them all out at the same time on the same hashtag from hundreds of individual Twitter accounts. That is how it works.
- You simply go to Thunderclap, agree to join the cause and give permission to be part of the “Group Tweet” (or set up your own).
- A certain number of required tweets is set at the get go; if not enough people sign up, the Tweet won’t be sent (or might be sent when the critical mass has been achieved). With enough “thunder”, it might be possible to get a topic to even trend on Twitter. Facebook is also part of it.
I hope you find these tools useful and will consider joining the movement around Girl Rising!
Here the Girl Rising/10×10 Social Media Channels You can Participate in: