As the actors and actresses make their way into the Kodak Theatre, many of them are being asked who they think will take home big wins tonight. Let’s take a look at some of the top categories of the evening.
- Javier Bardem – Beautiful
- Jeff Bridges – True Grit
- Jesse Eisenberg – The Social Network
- Colin Firth – The King’s Speech
- James Franco – 127 Hours
Certainly Jeff Bridges would like to bring this one home again. Jesse Eisenberg would like to oust Adrian Brody as the youngest winner. The favored pick here seems to be Colin Firth, though.
- Annette Bening – The Kids Are All Right
- Nicole Kidman – Rabbit Hole
- Jennifer Lawrence – Winter’s Bone
- Natalie Portman – Black Swan
- Michelle Williams – Blue Valentine
Everyone seems to agree: Natalie Portman’s got this one wrapped up.
- 127 Hours
- Black Swan
- The Fighter
- The Kids Are All Right
- The King’s Speech
- The Social Network
- Toy Story 3
- True Grit
- Winter’s Bone
A lot of highly-rated films in this category, and we very well could be surprised by an upset. The King’s Speech seems to be the favored, edging out Black Swan, Inception, and The Social Network.
Stay tuned as we live-blog the 83rd Academy Awards!