Content marketing has flipped the traditional marketing models from the push paradigm to pull. It’s about the law of attraction. It’s also inbound marketing (that has been with us for over half a decade) by a different name.
It is an art and a science that rewards creative content creators. It’s images,text, videos and podcasts.
The craft of content marketing is also many moving parts. It includes the disciplines of search engine marketing, email marketing and social media. You need to understand that making it work is about earned and paid marketing tactics that need to run in parallel if you want to be visible online.
Is the social web the death of good writing?
The social web has been seen by some as the facilitator of the death of intelligent writing as cat videos and selfies seem to dominate popular opinion and media consciousness.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Answers to the Top 10 Email Marketing Questions
My journey around the web has me convinced me otherwise.
The evolving digital world as we know it is allowing writers we didn’t know existed to become visible and reveal their genius. It is providing a platform for writers to grow their skills and also receive feedback that makes them better artists. Attention on the web is more about learning and feedback than narcissism.
Content creation can involve bland blog posts and content that puts you to sleep. But there is much to be read that delights, surprises and entertains.
Content marketing facts in 2014
Here are some of the stats that is the moving feast of facts that is content marketing.
- $135 billion will be spent on new digital marketing collateral (content) in 2014
- 78% of CMO’s think custom content is the future of marketing
- Internet advertising will make up 25% of the entire ad spend by 2015
- Social media marketing budgets will double over the next 5 years
- Email with social sharing buttons increase click through rates by 158%
- Nearly 50% of companies have content marketing strategies
- 33% of traffic from Google’s organic search engine results go to the first item listed
- 67% of B2B content marketers consider event marketing essential
- 73% of reporters think press releases should contain images
- 72% of “Pay per Click” marketers plan to increase their budget in 2014
- 52% of all marketers have found a customer via Facebook in 2013
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads
- 43% of all marketers found a customer via LinkedIn
- 55% of marketers worldwide increased digital marketing budgets in 2013
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness for content marketers at 89%
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%
- 65% of your audience are visual learners
- Marketers will use dynamic content to deliver highly personalized experiences to the right audiences at the right time
- Inbound marketing delivers 54% more leads than traditional outbound marketing
- Visual data is processed 60,000 times faster by the brain than text.
What about you?
What facts surprised you? Are there any stats that you have heard of that need to be added?
Look forward to your feedback and insights in the comments below.