If you want to get serious about marketing for your business or organisation the foundation of any focused effort is creating unique and inspiring content to publish and promote that educates, informs and entertains.
Content in fact should do much more than that if you are to succeed fast, far and large, at marketing your business and organisation.
The ”ultimate marketing goal” is to make content or ” ideas” so contagious that they cannot be controlled, this is “liquid content”
The Era of Distribution Technologies
Coca Cola whose ads have delighted consumers for decades have decided to move from “Creative” excellence” to “Content” excellence as they move into the an era of “distribution technologies” that provide greater connectivity and consumer empowerment than ever before.
Distribution technologies is another term for social media networks that allow content and ideas to spread through the power of sharing and self publishing.
Other terms sometimes used to describe this paradigm shift in marketing for this marketing approach are
- Inbound marketing
- Content Marketing
- Pull marketing
These all provide a description for an alternative to traditional marketing that is all about interruption marketing including telemarketing, cold calling and traditional advertising that pushes messages “at” you.
Technology now allows us to block calls, skip channels on your TV or record and watch later.
Content Marketing is not just for B2B
The secret behind content marketing that is published and promoted on social networks including blogs, Facebook and Twitter and social media channels is attracting loyal tribes of readers, viewers and ultimately customers.
In the past content marketing has been perceived as the domain of of businesses that sell to businesses.
The ultimate consumer marketing brand, Coca Cola’s new marketing strategy as it starts to position itself as a leader of “content excellence” is to create “Liquid content“.
They see the future as being content as the “matter” and “substance” of “brand engagement” and “conversation”.
This is quite a change for one of the leaders in consumer marketing
To achieve this it must be the “worlds most engaging content”
This allows you to attract and pull customers to you.
Ten Reasons “Why” you Should do Content Marketing
- To create online buzz and virality through “liquid content”. Content so contaigous that it cannot be controlled – This is the purpose of content excellence
- If a personal brand then awesome content positions you as a passionate thought leader that makes a difference.
- If a business brand then insightful and positions your company as an expert in its field
- Improves search engine results – Google and search engines love new fresh content that is published and it creates “search engine credibility” when content is linked to by other websites and blogs
- Creates an online asset (“an information annuity that keeps giving” – Jay Baer)
- It educates, informs and entertains
- It works 24/7 while you sleep, year in and year out
- Provides content that can be shared through publishing on “shareable” social media network channels.
- Creates loyal raving fans and followers that money cannot buy
- Creates engagement and builds relationships with customers and potential customers
Content should be considered “as” important as a bricks and mortar asset that you own.
Content is the real power asset of the future in a “knowledge and information economy”
How is your content?, is it “Liquid“?
Image by Hannah Bonanza