When starting a company, there are many decisions you have to make surrounding your business plan, employees and finances – but what about your brand?
Yeah, branding involves logos, slogans and graphics, but it’s much more. Branding plays a part in your entire customer experience; in-store, online and the way customers perceive your company on a day to day basis. Good brands don’t just happen, they are created through thought out and strategic planning so it’s extremely important to be aware of the brand experience your company is providing.
To show you how powerful brands are, let’s play a little game. Can you name the companies who have these slogans?
- Just Do It
- I’m Loving It
- What’s In Your Wallet?
- Obey Your Thirst
- Is It In You?
- That Was Easy
- Like A Good Neighbor
- Don’t Leave Home Without It
- Impossible Is Nothing
- The Happiest Place On Earth
If not, does seeing these logos help?
Recommended for YouWebcast: Turning Your Website Into a Lead Generation Machine
Those 10 companies are just a few examples of the most successful slogan and branding campaigns. You might not love McDonalds, but did Justin Timberlake’s voice saying “I’m Loving It” pop in to your head and make you think of them? Successful brands leave an impact on consumers, making them aware of the company or product, regardless of if they consume it or not.
While your company may not be the same size as those giant corporations, it’s still important for smaller companies to brand themselves as well. Here’s the top ten reasons that creating a successful branding campaign is crucial.
- BRANDS CONNECT TO CUSTOMERS: Good brands connect with customers emotionally. When they purchase your products, they know they have made a good decision. You want customers to feel good emotionally when they engage with your company and products.
- BRANDS GENERATE REFERRALS: People love to share things they like. Yes, people love to talk and share products through word of mouth, but they will also share your brand without even knowing it through wearing your product, eating your product, driving your product, etc.
- BRANDS FORM FOCUS: Many companies easily wander away from plans and goals when new tasks arise. Having a strong brand helps you to stay focused and work towards missions and visions that need to be met as an organization, while staying true to the brand you have established.
- BRANDS MOTIVATE EMPLOYEES: Establishing a clear brand strategy provides clarity to employees that is needed in order to be successful. Brands set guidelines for how they should act, what is expected of them and how they can meet the organizations goals.
- BRANDS ARE A PROMISE: Customers want to purchase products from companies that will take care of them. Creating a brand allows your company to state their promise to the customer. Who are we and what do we have to offer?
- BRANDS CREATE AN EXPERIENCE: Customers want an experience when they purchase items. When they come to your company is your logo visually appealing, are your employees friendly and helpful and are your products satisfactory? Their experiences with your brand will leave a mark.
- BRANDS PROVIDE VALUE: Strong brands give companies value beyond just their physical assets. Yes, Nike has value within their equipment, offices, factories, warehouse and products, but they have created even more value through their brand and famous “just do it” slogan.
- BRANDS SET YOU APART: In today’s market, companies are never safe from competition so it’s critical that your brand stands apart from the rest of the crowd. What do you have that sets you apart from your competitor?
- BRANDS CREATE CONSISTENCY: Concise and clear brands help customers to be at ease because they know what to expect every time they use their product or come in to your store.
- BRANDS CREATE RECOGNITION: People like to be familiar with the companies they give their money to. Branding your company not only allows people to recognize you but also gives people a sense of ease when they are purchasing your products.
Overall, always remember that strong brands are built on strong, creative ideas. These ideas need to be something that the entire company can hold on to and can deliver upon. The brand needs to be able to deliver the promise to your customers, while also ingraining the visual aspects of your company in their minds. It takes a lot of time and creativity to build a company brand, but it’s worth the value it brings in the long run.