Ana White is a blogging Goddess.
There is just no other way to describe the Alaska-native, who just two years ago started a blog about woodworking and now has more than 1 million unique visitors to her blog each month – enough that the advertising revenue now supports her family. Not bad for someone who is sharing How-tos from her home in Delta Junction, Alaska.
White essentially took what was a hobby and created an Inbound Marketing powerhouse. No tricks. No shortcuts. She simple followed the critical axioms of good blogging:
- Diligence – she made the effort to regularly update her blog every day
- Content – she provided high quality content – do-it-yourself woodworking plans – to her visitors
- Honesty – she wrote about what she knew and shared her story
By doing those two things, White’s blog hit 1 million page views in the first three months, and then 1 million unique page views each month after that. Despite those that would encourage her to make changes – such as charging for her plans – white continues to follow the simple rules on which the blog was built.
That original blog is at the heart of what is now an Internet marketing empire. In addition to her blog success, White’s online presence now includes:
- The Website: Ana White Homemaker
- A Facebook page: (Under “Knock-off Wood”): 50,000+ fans
- A Twitter account: 2550 followers
- A YouTube channel: 30 videos
To call White’s a blog a success is sort of an underwhelming assessment. I’m not sure what adjectives would do it justice. But this is a story we will keep on hand here at Weidert to share with prospects as a lesson in the power of blogging.
For additional tips on blogging, read:
- 5 Tips to You Make a Blog Part of Your Marketing Strategy
- How to Consistently Create Content for Your Blog
And don’t forget, if you are going to make an effort to write a good blog, you should not be afraid to let people know about it. Check out this tip sheet: