This July I’m focussing on the theme of blogging, which means that most blog posts on here will have a link to that theme with the aim of helping you become a better blogger for your business.
Firstly, if you want to know why businesses should take the time to blog then read this post I wrote a while ago, 3 reasons why blogging is good for your business.
Secondly, if you’re on Twitter follow me on @spindletreecopy as each day in July I’ll be tweeting one tip to do blogging. And if you’ve missed any don’t worry. You can search #bloggingtip to find them but I’ll also be posting all the tips on this blog at the end of the month.
Finally, I’m going to kick start the July blogging theme with some links to plugins and resources I use to help my own blogging and also my clients’ blogging. Let’s go…
- Share, share and share again with Sexy Bookmarks
- Promote your blog in a directory. You can find a comprehensive list of directories here
- Ping a number of blog services at Pingomatic
- Or try this free Ping Optimizer plugin from MaxBlogPress
- Use Google Sitemap Generator plugin to regularly update your XML sitemap
And if you’re struggling with your blog why not get in touch and find out about my blogging package via the feedback form.
Disclaimer: These are mostly WordPress-related as that’s the blogging platform I use. Other blogging platforms and plugins are available.
photo by: Mike Licht & NotionsCapital.com